autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SET location (A SHOP) VS BEING MOBILE

Which one is better? I am currently working out of home but business is very slow! I Think im charging to much for someone who really doesnt have much clientele. Yes I have done quite a few corrections including wetsanding almost a entire car. Full interior corrections. But I guess Im just not marketing enough? Any tips on how to get more clients? i am not very mobile at all right now so im looking for help to get people to come to me! I've thought about doing flyers in the neighborhood but I live in a association and if they find out i am running a business out of my house they will ask me to stop and then start shooting fines at me. So, that being said, I was thinking about putting flyers in the neighborhood across the street from me that has nothing to do with my association. Any suggestions
    5starmotoring88@gmail.com
    2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SET location (A SHOP) VS BEING MOBILE

That's what I am thinking too. To just put flyers out. Interested in the responses

Post Thanks / Like

well i know from experience in marketing (use to be a weekend general manager at LA FITNESS) we use to go out and pass out thousands of flyers. We would figure for every 200 flyers there would be one paying customer willing to sign up! thats as far as i know lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say id go with both but leaning more towards a shop. I think having a shop its great because there are going to be customers whom may want a paint correction but dont have a garage. Such as folks who live in apartments. So having a shop means you can open your doors to EVERYONE as compared to being mobile there isnt the same advantage. But im sure there will always be the customer who would feel more comfortable for you to work oh his car in his garage. And this is where you can go show up and do your thing. But i think having a set shop is the first thing and then you can expand from there.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I have been mobile but in the perfect situation I would have a amazing shop with drains in floor , climate control and lifts etc. Over the last 4 years I have honestly only had about 4 people call looking for strictly drop off. Recently I called a local tint shop that has a nice climate controlled bay and has been in the same location for over 20 years. I have worked out a deal with the guy there for drop offs and paint corrections etc. So far I have done 1 detail there and plan on doing a Ford GT there over next weekend.

All in all I would love to have the best of both worlds mobile and a nice shop. Maybe even sending a mobile crew and staying at the shop or even flip flop to over see the most important jobs and new customers.

As far as advertising goes the best way to get started is free advertising with craigslist or running a groupon etc. I tried the flier thing at first but only people wanting a quick CHEAP wash etc. Than the biggest and best thing after awhile will be reference and word of mouth ! Take your time be over extremely nice to people ! Be prompt very informative and take extreme pride in your work and it will pay off!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a legal business or this side jobs. To start a bussiness knowing you will be find by the ididots who are home owners assocation. Unless you are fully aware and ready to battle it out, i would go mobile or find a garage bay to rent.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah but then again think about cost of over head vs cost ofbeing mobile i think mobile would be cheaper well maybe.... maybe if you can siphon gas out of everyones car that you work on hahah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gt08vapor View Post
    Are you a legal business or this side jobs. I would go mobile or find a garage bay to rent.
    Business in a residential area can be a killer even without an HOA. With an HOA, it's dynamite you're playing with.

The idea of finding a garage bay to rent, perhaps on a per-use basis (and perhaps in trade for a detail) is a killer idea I'm going to remember.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have mobile and a new shop as of last dec . and I will not do cars mobile at all. doing them in the hot se fl sun is no good. Any one with a buffer these days is calling them self a detailer. They are driving down the price of a detail. I only do cars when I dont have any thing else to do.then I will take a week and do all the cars in that week.For me I do them the frist week and clean the shop order stuff and get the work going for the next 3 weeks.70% of my work is boats 20% rvs and 10% cars. but getting more cars these days. Ilike to work at the shop better ope in the next 2 years to get a bigger shop and more bays and storge to rent out. thinking north ft myers for next shop. more land cheaper also .Will keep this shop for cars only.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the big deal of washing a car and bringing it in the garage to polish etc? There are many people on this forum that does this. I don't understand why they are not having problems, but this guy will?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast