autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics

Very Nice, Neat,well organized set up! Your set up alone will draw clients! Great!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job, David; you have other talents in addition to detailing. You need a larger trailer! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I want one, and I only do my own cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very very very nice.The only thing I see that may give you a problem is the hose reel.I had that one and its garbage lasted 1 month.I bought a summit reel for 300.00 never a problem.May want to change that later on.The first thing to go is the handle first then the whole thing will just come apart

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very very very nice.The only thing I see that may give you a problem is the hose reel.I had that one and its garbage lasted 1 month.I bought a summit reel for 300.00 never a problem.May want to change that later on.The first thing to go is the handle first then the whole thing will just come apart .Ditch that black hose cause it will burst on you all the time.Get the blue 3'8 hose its super light and less stress on the reel.Those fitting for the reel will leak and its a 80 dollar repair. Get a summit well worth it and zero problems.Otherwise looks awesome and good luck my friend.25 years experience I know what works and what doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jglennwj View Post
    your trailer is a work of art. Very organized. if i can figure out how, i will post my trailer pics. i just redid the whole thing and i'm very proud.
    I bought the trailer 3 years ago pre-made. since then I have redone everything. I've upgraded the tank to a 270 gallon tank. A local business gave it to me for free and have more if i need them. i had to upgrade the axle and leafsprings to accomodate the added weight. even still, i rarely fill it more than halfway to the top (the red line) just to be safe.
    i put in new double thick 3/4" treated wood so it wont rot again. i put down cheap vinyl flooring just for looks. it wont last long but was easy to add. i used a door hole drill and put some big holes in the floor and covered them with standard sink drains and it looks and works great. no more standing water to rot my floor.
    the tank is huge but with the aluminum cage and flat top, i now have tons of room to mount spray bottle holders and anything i want. some of the spray bottle holders are old stainless steel speedracks from a bar a used to manage.
    the front on the inside is just a regular shelf secured to the wall and lots of bungee cords.
    i had a local company do the chrome decals on the outside and the black decals on the truck. all the diamond plate bling on the truck is cheap stuff i bought on line and installed myself.
    i have enough extra equipment so i'm going to mount my small generator, pressure washer and tank in the bed of my truck as an extra. that way if i have two jobs i can drop of the trailer and take the truck to the second job. i just need to figure out the cheapest way to put the equipment in the back of the truck with some sort of rollout so i can access everything easily.
    a paid a ton of money for the original trailer, water tank, generator and pressure washer. i could have done it myself for less than half the price. these pre-made trailers are good for the guy just getting started if they have a lot of start up cash but the experienced detailer can save a ton just doing it themselves.
    i like the way you use the electric pump to keep the water flow going. nice idea.
    let me know if you guys have any questions or if you have some suggestions for me.

Glenn
    You don't need a pump for water its all gravity fed.

Post Thanks / Like

I was never a trailer guy because of the problem of tying up to much space in driveways and doing alto of backing into winding driveways.But you will figure and tweak things once you start pumping cars out.I've spent since 04 250 thousand in new trucks.The best one I had was a f250 diesel utility box made by reading .For now its a transit loaded to the gills with 100k on the clock .Probably the last one I will buy cause my passion for this business is fading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Looks very very very nice.The only thing I see that may give you a problem is the hose reel.I had that one and its garbage lasted 1 month.I bought a summit reel for 300.00 never a problem.May want to change that later on.The first thing to go is the handle first then the whole thing will just come apart .Ditch that black hose cause it will burst on you all the time.Get the blue 3'8 hose its super light and less stress on the reel.Those fitting for the reel will leak and its a 80 dollar repair. Get a summit well worth it and zero problems.Otherwise looks awesome and good luck my friend.25 years experience I know what works and what doesn't.
    Thanks for the compliment!

The hose reels must not be the same type, i have had two, one in the trailer and one on my house and they have been bulletproof so far, but they are still the American made ones before the company decided to outsource them from china

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I was never a trailer guy because of the problem of tying up to much space in driveways and doing alto of backing into winding driveways.But you will figure and tweak things once you start pumping cars out.I've spent since 04 250 thousand in new trucks.The best one I had was a f250 diesel utility box made by reading .For now its a transit loaded to the gills with 100k on the clock .Probably the last one I will buy cause my passion for this business is fading.
    I will say that the trailer is definitely a pita with maneuvering it around. Even though my trailer was tiny it's amazing how difficult it was getting it into position at customers homes

Although trailers are dirt cheap compared to a vehicle, if i was to do it again I would do a mid roof sprinter type van instead. You can stand up inside of it and it is easier to position it onsite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME SETUP!! Very clean and organized, are you running your water tank just through a pump?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast