autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think about my business card?

My friend is helping me with a business card because the generic online template doesn't look very professional. This may help other trying to make their own business card and give an idea what to look for and what to stay away from.

This is just a rough draft.

Let me know what you like and what you would change. Thanks everyone!
    Welcome all comments and criticisms.
    Last edited by slickooz; 03-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think about my business card?

Big Slick Detailing, huh? Hmmm, I don't know about that. Reminds me of BP's mess in the Gulf. Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Only God knows why.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Big Slick Detailing, huh? Hmmm, I don't know about that. Reminds me of BP's mess in the Gulf. Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Only God knows why.
    Maybe because you think there too much stuff on the card? Should I just keep it simple? I need some more opinions before I finalize everything.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like all the individual features but I think it is a bit much from a design standpoint.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's simple enough, I just think you should change your business name to something other than Big Slick Detailing. Between that name and all the black fru-fru stuff going on on the left hand side, it just makes me think of oil. I could be going crazy though. Maybe I'm thinking about oil because I'm rusting?

Oh, poo. Now I know I'm losing my mind. That's OK - a nice trip to Florida should cure me just fine!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Bro, I get boring business cards all day long from vendors. I enjoy it, stands out, makes me read it and thats what you want them to do. Wont have trouble finding that in her purse, on his desk or in the ash tray.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you something simple like changing the black to blue would make a difference in what everyone is saying here - make it more of a "clean" feeling.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I look at that card and the first thing coming to mind is...what business are you trying to offer. Other than your name that card does not give any type of idea to what you do. Hell I would think you either work in the Club Industry or some type of Art Industry.

Hell mine is not a great example, but it at least gives idea that I work in something automotive related and says at least Mobile Detailing.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    No, it's simple enough, I just think you should change your business name to something other than Big Slick Detailing. Between that name and all the black fru-fru stuff going on on the left hand side, it just makes me think of oil. I could be going crazy though. Maybe I'm thinking about oil because I'm rusting?

Oh, poo. Now I know I'm losing my mind. That's OK - a nice trip to Florida should cure me just fine!
    Haha. I'm kind of dead set on Big Slick Detailing because I just bought a 5 year domain. :P There also going be some gloss on the card to make some stuff stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy44 View Post
    Bro, I get boring business cards all day long from vendors. I enjoy it, stands out, makes me read it and thats what you want them to do. Wont have trouble finding that in her purse, on his desk or in the ash tray.
    Thanks phoneguy! My friend who making this for me is very talented and has a lot of ideas. When he show me this I was very happy with it being it stood out and it was different from all the business card I seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    I bet you something simple like changing the black to blue would make a difference in what everyone is saying here - make it more of a "clean" feeling.
    I like really like the black color scheme because its more classy, but we can try other colors to see if it can achieve the look we want.

Thanks guys for feed back much appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post
    Actually I look at that card and the first thing coming to mind is...what business are you trying to offer. Other than your name that card does not give any type of idea to what you do. Hell I would think you either work in the Club Industry or some type of Art Industry.

Hell mine is not a great example, but it at least gives idea that I work in something automotive related and says at least Mobile Detailing.

Thanks for some feedback. I forgot to mention this, that I won't be just leaving these on people cars. I will personally hands these out to potential customer and explain to them what I do or leave them my clients.

Maybe "Auto" should be there somewhere or a car?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast