autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think about my business card?

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I really like all the feedback. Maybe we need to go a different direction. My friend is going start again from scratch so I can have a few option to pick from.

Thanks everyone for feed back really appreciate them.
    Going show a couple business cards to a couple clients and ask them what they think about them.
    Great idea man. It's always nice to have some options. I'm gonna be remaking my cards as well when I go through the ones I have. I used vista print, but I really didn't like the way they came out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but only fellow poker enthusiasts are going to know what "BIG SLICK" even is. I'd never heard of the term before this thread. It would kind of be like writing up an exterior detail package description for your website that reads "ONR Wash, D300 via PCXP, OCW." Nobody outside of a detailing forum is even going to begin to understand what you're saying.

Now, if you feel compelled that you have to use poker lingo in your business marketing strategy, you could try for a tag-line like "We always go all in for your satisfaction!" since that's a term more people are likely to be familiar with.

I wasn't really trying to sell the point of Big Slick had to do something with poker.... But just thought that spades (being higher class) can work with Big Slick. Yeah take everything i said about poker out the door. I wanted the name Big Slick detailing because I didn't want slickooz detailing, and slick detailing seems too generic.

A lot of trial and error in making these custom business cards. I was going go with vista print but after seeing some custom work I was amazing how much better it looked.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents...
    In your original card on the right hand side do something to separate the Big and slick because when you glance at the card it does look like Big "d" detailing. I agree with a lot of the other comments here that this card tells me nothing about the type of business that you are advertising which ultimately defeats the point of a card/letterhead/etc.
    In the second card the spade on the left side I did not get immediately. At first glance it honestly looked like the side profile of a womans' chest. Maybe being a woman I am just more sensitive.
    Personally I am not a fan of the name, but I can see how it could work. I like the suggestion to change the tag line to something like "going all in for you" because it does bring in the poker reference and helps to bring it all together. As for the business card maybe have the ace of spade in the middle of the card with say a car, tire, emblem etc within the spade. Change ask for Gary - to your full name. Maybe add owner under your name to better establish who you are in that business.
    Having a unique name and business card is fine, just have to work a little harder to make it work for you instead of against you.
    Ro

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry missed a few post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post
    Actually I look at that card and the first thing coming to mind is...what business are you trying to offer. Other than your name that card does not give any type of idea to what you do. Hell I would think you either work in the Club Industry or some type of Art Industry.

Hell mine is not a great example, but it at least gives idea that I work in something automotive related and says at least Mobile Detailing.

Well I do have "detailing" on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutoDetai View Post
    The card is fine I like it what's important is for the info to be as simple. But hear me out what I learned and you not going to believe me. You take your card and the white "boring" card guess which one is more likely to be thrown away and why? Lol

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk
    Well If I found a few a few business card in my mail box. I would def look at the one that stood out first.

That's exactly why I disagree with the name. If the name at least mentions real quick the service he does he would save a lot of work and time trying to show what his DBA really is and it wouldn't be consider a simple card no more.

I thought Big Slick Detailing was enough to tell someone what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    maybe add a 50/50 shot of the M3 hood you're going to do this weekend?

I really think a car image of some sort needs to be on a detailer's business card...

if you go this route, get a waiver signed from your friend, lest they come after you for royalties when you get big...

edit: does anyone have a 50/50 on their business cards? Ppl would look at it and think, "crap, that before half looks like my car!"

I also agree with adding auto above detailing...
    Thanks! Going see if I can do anything with this idea of a 50/50 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    Regardless the card is a great display of graphic work!
    Thanks! He is pretty good with photo shop.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    As soon as I can get some free time I want to make it up there, I've been telling Joel that.

Slick it is helpful to have all of our opinions and feedback but dont let us sway you too much. Its your business, your card, your decision.
    Yeah I appreciate all these fast feedback. Going see what other think when I detail their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but only fellow poker enthusiasts are going to know what "BIG SLICK" even is. I'd never heard of the term before this thread. It would kind of be like writing up an exterior detail package description for your website that reads "ONR Wash, D300 via PCXP, OCW." Nobody outside of a detailing forum is even going to begin to understand what you're saying.

Now, if you feel compelled that you have to use poker lingo in your business marketing strategy, you could try for a tag-line like "We always go all in for your satisfaction!" since that's a term more people are likely to be familiar with.
    Yeah scratch that out... Going leave poker out of the business card. But Big Slick Detailing doesn't have any meaning just wanted something else then Slickooz and wanted to stay away from generic detailing names.

If I missed any post sorry!! Thanks everyone again for all these fast feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoPaJa View Post
    Just my 2 cents...
    In your original card on the right hand side do something to separate the Big and slick because when you glance at the card it does look like Big "d" detailing. I agree with a lot of the other comments here that this card tells me nothing about the type of business that you are advertising which ultimately defeats the point of a card/letterhead/etc.
    In the second card the spade on the left side I did not get immediately. At first glance it honestly looked like the side profile of a womans' chest. Maybe being a woman I am just more sensitive.
    Personally I am not a fan of the name, but I can see how it could work. I like the suggestion to change the tag line to something like "going all in for you" because it does bring in the poker reference and helps to bring it all together. As for the business card maybe have the ace of spade in the middle of the card with say a car, tire, emblem etc within the spade. Change ask for Gary - to your full name. Maybe add owner under your name to better establish who you are in that business.
    Having a unique name and business card is fine, just have to work a little harder to make it work for you instead of against you.
    Ro
    Yeah scratch poker out, it has nothing to do with Big Slick. My business name is "Big Slick Detailing" having "detailing" in the business name is not enough to let people know I detail cars?

Few of my friend thought the spade also looked like a side boob. lol Even the designer saw it after a few people mention it. Yeah full name is a must on the card, makes people feel more assure about the business.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are gonna scratch poker out, then does that means that you are gonna be looking into a different name, no that it should mean that much, but it seems as if the forum is not a fan... And I agree...

But as a few peoplesaid before, don't let us change your mind, that is the best thing about have g your own business... No one telling you what to do...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    If we are gonna scratch poker out, then does that means that you are gonna be looking into a different name, no that it should mean that much, but it seems as if the forum is not a fan... And I agree...

But as a few peoplesaid before, don't let us change your mind, that is the best thing about have g your own business... No one telling you what to do...

No I wouldn't change my business name, Big Slick don't really have meaning. Just like What B&B said earlier about Starbucks. I just wanted the word Slick to be in my business. I like how Big Slick detailing rolls out nicely so that why I choose it as a business name.

Big Slick Detailing has no other meaning then just a business name. Sorry for confusing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    No I wouldn't change my business name, Big Slick don't really have meaning. Just like What B&B said earlier about Starbucks. I just wanted the word Slick to be in my business. I like how Big Slick detailing rolls out nicely so that why I choose it as a business name.

Big Slick Detailing has no other meaning then just a business name. Sorry for confusing.
    Starbucks can be called whatever they want knowing they have a strong marketing. If you don't have a strong marketing people are going to struggle trying to figure out what in the world you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Starbucks can be called whatever they want knowing they have a strong marketing. If you don't have a strong marketing people are going to struggle trying to figure out what in the world you do.

Then again, Starbucks does market a product that is addicting. So, on that note.... you have to be the best at what you do. A strange name may mean nothing if you can't produce..... the again, if you can produce a great product or service, a strange name may propel you over the rest!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Then again, Starbucks does market a product that is addicting. So, on that note.... you have to be the best at what you do. A strange name may mean nothing if you can't produce..... the again, if you can produce a great product or service, a strange name may propel you over the rest!
    Honestly I don't even like Starbucks. Lol Dunkin Doughnuts all day lol But my point is you want to target all type of customers not only the ones that seen your work already they could careless what the name means knowing what you do.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast