autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think about my business card?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post
    Actually I look at that card and the first thing coming to mind is...what business are you trying to offer. Other than your name that card does not give any type of idea to what you do. Hell I would think you either work in the Club Industry or some type of Art Industry.

Hell mine is not a great example, but it at least gives idea that I work in something automotive related and says at least Mobile Detailing.

I agree. Other than the name...there's really nothing hinting at your service. Try incorporating one of your pictures maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    I know man - just kiddin with ya...... I like to keep it simple and professional personally.

There are many businesses that get flashy and succeed because of it...... if you do a great job on every detail your cards will stand out that much more

Thanks! Ant you are a very successful business man and I do take your input very serious. Starting a business wasn't isnt as easy as I thought. There is still so much stuff to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I agree. Other than the name...there's really nothing hinting at your service. Try incorporating one of your pictures maybe?
    That's exactly why I disagree with the name. If the name at least mentions real quick the service he does he would save a lot of work and time trying to show what his DBA really is and it wouldn't be consider a simple card no more.

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that in the business of detailing...the look of your card doesn't matter as much. Once you impress the customer...they'll keep your card regardless. Your card can be made of gold, and if your service is lack luster...it's getting pawned for cash, ha.

Doesn't hurt to have a good looking card, cause you come across professional. But, whether or not they keep the card has nothing to do with how it looks after they try your service IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Slick Auto Detailing would have been better. I don't know how much you thought about it before purchasing the domain and doing the business design. But is extremely important in have giving it a lot of thinking before moving on. I think you going to fast my opinion basically. But what's done is done and keep moving on working hard to make it happen, unless your willing in doing it again

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that in the business of detailing...the look of your card doesn't matter as much. Once you impress the customer...they'll keep your card regardless. Your card can be made of gold, and if your service is lack luster...it's getting pawned for cash, ha.

Doesn't hurt to have a good looking card, cause you come across professional. But, whether or not they keep the card has nothing to do with how it looks after they try your service IMO.
    Very true. But in a professional environment, giving some a overly artistic card trying to sale a manual service, speaks volumns about the business. The first impression for your business and yourself is the handshake and your business card. Give someone a over flashy card and there going to think your someone who is overly flashy and not very professional.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Kris I get that. I'm sure the work that I will provide will be above what other people do around here. I think I have OCD when it comes to detailing, I have to make sure every spot is clean before I can say I'm finished.

I think the card being so different and stand out will also add to what people think of my work. I don't take any breaks when I'm working, the last two S2k I worked for 10 hours non stop. Once I start, I don't remember to take breaks other then bathroom. I just keep going, I think I have a problem guys. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutoDetai View Post
    That's exactly why I disagree with the name. If the name at least mentions real quick the service he does he would save a lot of work and time trying to show what his DBA really is and it wouldn't be consider a simple card no more.

This may be odd and I thought of this when he started this thread...... but here we go lol:

The name at first made me think of Big **** Detailing..... thats what it sounds like. So originally I thought, well that won't go over well.... BUT, the reason I didn't say anything is because subconsciously Big Slick Detailing will sell to women more than likely. This is not inappropriate guys, just something I learned in business class and economics believe it or not.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Right now most of the working that I'm getting are from friends or other people on forums where they already seen my work. And there seem to be a lot of people really interested in my service. I think most of my work will be from forums so that people will already know what they going be getting. And after each car detailed, I can pass out a few to the client to see if he has any friends that wants detail done on their cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    This may be odd and I thought of this when he started this thread...... but here we go lol:

The name at first made me think of Big **** Detailing..... thats what it sounds like. So originally I thought, well that won't go over well.... BUT, the reason I didn't say anything is because subconsciously Big Slick Detailing will sell to women more than likely. This is not inappropriate guys, just something I learned in business class and economics believe it or not.

HAHa yeah a few of my friend thought of the same thing when they first saw it. The only reason they thought it was **** was because the "sl" looked like a "d" before. Now its capitalized it looks much better.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast