autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Anthony - yeah, definitely hit me up - I am suppose to talk to my accountant tuesday afternoon, so if you have any specific questions let me know and I can ask her while Im there.
    Perfect then il write down my questions and have them ready tomorrow.

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Running a mobile business state wide.

I would recommend talking to a tax advisor since they know the legal ways to avoid taxes; not that B&B is talking illegal stuff or that you don't know what you are talking about. Professional tax advisors and CPA's are among the few people that can legally give you advice and keep you out of trouble with the IRS. I am ready a book called 'Stop Sitting on Your Assets' by Marian Snow, and while focuses on how to make money by utilizing home equity and the benefits of a mortgage, it talk about the knowledge a tax advisor and CPA's have over other finance personnel. It will change the way you look at your mortgage and investing for the future and retirement. And being business owners it may give you some good ideas on how to avoid taxes and the liability you and a business face if you own your house(paid off). Not trying to sound like a sales person for a book or theory, just want to share some info that may help some people and make them money over the traditional way "we" deal with finances, mortgages, and saving/earning money. It's at the public library so it won't cost you a thing to read it, and the knowledge you gain could make you millions. So if anyone has a mortgage or is planning on getting one/refinancing you should take a look-see. I have a feeling that reading this book could help you in your business and educate you some on how to avoid paying too much taxes, or at least point you in the right direction and towards the right professionals to help you plan. Sorry again if this seems too far off topic, and for rambling on. Moral of this post: Talk to a tax advisor about your business and home/mortgage possibilities. Like they say, "You don't know what you don't know."
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Im actually in school for Accounting (not for long cause the business is goin way better than expected) - but I agree that a CPA which is what I am using knows the ins and outs better. I had a 4.0 gpa until I started B & B lol! Then it got so time consuming my grades dropped to a 3.8 - next semester WOULD be my 4th year, but I am on track to make much more detailing believe it or not..... plus can I really be in an office all day long?!?!??! Probably not. Kind of goin off track myself - but I can say I can answer intermediate questions about the business side.... but totally agree on asking a CPA the more intricate details of taxes and accounting.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome Anthony. I would try to finish that degree just because you have devoted 3yrs already and the feeling of accomplishment will probably make you feel amazing. Plus it will be a benefit in itself have that kind of certified knowledge. And, you never know when you maybe need to fall back on an "office job". I am glad I didn't talk over my head then with you having so much knowledge on the matter.lol With you going for that degree I would highly recommend taking a look at the book I mentioned if not to just see if there isn't anything that is 180 out from what you have already learned/been taught. As soon as I can verify employment I am going to look at refinancing and talking to a CPA and start doing the H.E.R.O. Solution(TM) and practicing the Real Wealth Vision(TM). You mind if I PM you to talking a little about the detailing biz and maybe how to get started using a CPA? Thanks either way for you time and knowledge on here.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    That's awesome Anthony. I would try to finish that degree just because you have devoted 3yrs already and the feeling of accomplishment will probably make you feel amazing. Plus it will be a benefit in itself have that kind of certified knowledge. And, you never know when you maybe need to fall back on an "office job". I am glad I didn't talk over my head then with you having so much knowledge on the matter.lol With you going for that degree I would highly recommend taking a look at the book I mentioned if not to just see if there isn't anything that is 180 out from what you have already learned/been taught. As soon as I can verify employment I am going to look at refinancing and talking to a CPA and start doing the H.E.R.O. Solution(TM) and practicing the Real Wealth Vision(TM). You mind if I PM you to talking a little about the detailing biz and maybe how to get started using a CPA? Thanks either way for you time and knowledge on here.

I just realized after reading my comment that it sounds like Im giving you guys my resume or something - don't mean to sound wrong, I just rant on sometimes lol...... yeah, more than welcome to pm me. I started a social group on here called "Lets Help Each Other Succeed" - more than welcome to jump in there and exchange some knowledge with us. I was very successful in my early 20's and lost it all - and am now starting over again - these books may be helpful!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    ..... also I cannot get a business loan due to jacked up credit (long story). So I am deciding to incorporate to make B & B its own separate entity that can have its own credit and all liability falls under the company
    Your corporation's credit will likely be based on your own personal credit when it is first established. This was my own personal experience when I started a new business in PA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12