autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Astro Van Mobile Set up

If you are towing or carrying weight with an Astro van I would highly recommend installing Bilstein shocks. Really transforms the vehicle. I had a near mint '95 cargo version and rebuilt the suspension (had steel leaf springs from the factory), but ended up selling as it was just a miserable vehicle to drive. Typical 1980-90s GM truck sloppy steering, wandering on the highway especially in crosswinds, touchy ABS brakes, etc. Just the way they are. The newer full-size GM vans are greatly improved, I'd consider one if you had to buy something.

Post Thanks / Like

A thought for you about the Astro van. If you haven't done so try using ONR on as many vehicles as you can. It might help you decide on the size water tank you need. That in turn will help with your vehicle choice or atleast it has mine. I can do 5 cars a day and sometimes use less than 10 gallons of water and thats all due to ONR. I've got a 55 gallon tank that I rarely fill more than 1/2 full. ONR will allow me to get a smaller vehicle which will use less fuel and help my bottom line. It could help yours also.

Post Thanks / Like

hello all my setup is a basic setup as im not going into being a deatailer expert as i run a cleaning business that cleans commercial residential and vehicles. as the pressure washer can be used as mulitpurpose in my business but as far as my business with a side feature of auto detailing im offering a no touch car wash using foam cannon drying with blower and polishin wheels with foam ball attached to drill the idea of no touch seems to have more ppl intereseted in getting their car washed as i already have numerous offers to wash their vehicle with my setup. also if i do have to touch their vehicle it will be with a no rinse product so i can spray and wipe it down fast the object is to get the customer in and out with a beauty wash and wax i only use 5 chemicals as optimum all purpose cleaner which is 4 products in one and the optimum no rinse wash that is also 3 or 4 products in one. i use the auto geek foam wash and cherry tire gel for tires.

this is my project for the weekend it suppose to rain tommorow and stop so once it stops i will post more pics with the items mounted in van

click above to like my face book page

Post Thanks / Like

these are the only chemicals i plan on using besides buying air freshener from chemical guys i buy concentrated chemicals as i can get the most out of it than already mixed gallon which will be gone faster than a gallon concentrated chemical

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mujahdi View Post
    hello all my setup is a basic setup as im not going into being a deatailer expert as i run a cleaning business that cleans commercial residential and vehicles. as the pressure washer can be used as mulitpurpose in my business but as far as my business with a side feature of auto detailing im offering a no touch car wash using foam cannon drying with blower and polishin wheels with foam ball attached to drill the idea of no touch seems to have more ppl intereseted in getting their car washed as i already have numerous offers to wash their vehicle with my setup. also if i do have to touch their vehicle it will be with a no rinse product so i can spray and wipe it down fast the object is to get the customer in and out with a beauty wash and wax i only use 5 chemicals as optimum all purpose cleaner which is 4 products in one and the optimum no rinse wash that is also 3 or 4 products in one. i use the auto geek foam wash and cherry tire gel for tires.

this is my project for the weekend it suppose to rain tommorow and stop so once it stops i will post more pics with the items mounted in van

click above to like my face book page
    WOW, you have put together a really nice setup! I'm very impressed with how professional and well thought out your rig is...

Congratulations and good luck with your business!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast