autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting a Website to get my Detail business moving

Looking for a fast way to get my website moving i already have my domain just need to get it up running with a good host and without needing a website designer i know a little bit of Adobe plus i am going to college for graphic design i just want to find a cheap and fast way to have my site running looking for a 2 page website for now any ideas????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting a Website to get my Detail business moving

Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog

free and easy...only problem is the templates are very simple and you have to edit the html to extend your meta tag, the system only allows a handful of keywords.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog

free and easy...only problem is the templates are very simple and you have to edit the html to extend your meta tag, the system only allows a handful of keywords.
    Thaxn i will keep this in mind!! so there is no annual charge with weebly?

Post Thanks / Like

not unless you go premium, which allows you to have multiple domains and erase the footer from weebly. Check out my site, it was made on weebly for free, took about 3 hours.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to distract from this post with another question, but are you going to be a licensed company (LLC), carry insurance and claim your earnings?
    I ask because I am debating whether or not it is smart to create a website for my detail business. Right now I do it on the side but since the weekends are starting to get booked I a am really thinking about taking it to the next level.
    Does anyone know if this is ok? Can I create a website, advertise in the local paper or on the Internet while not being a licensed company? It seems to me that big brother would not allow this. Or is it even smart to have a full time business (even if its for a month to feel the water) without being a licensed company?

I am not sure what it means to be a "licensed" company. Do any of you operate a business without a license? Is it ok to advertise on the web without it? Can the EPA or IRS come after you?

I don't know how far you are going with your new detailing business but this may be some food for thought. I know I have been chewing on it for a while now.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tfullercdi View Post
    I don't want to distract from this post with another question, but are you going to be a licensed company (LLC), carry insurance and claim your earnings?
    I ask because I am debating whether or not it is smart to create a website for my detail business. Right now I do it on the side but since the weekends are starting to get booked I a am really thinking about taking it to the next level.
    Does anyone know if this is ok? Can I create a website, advertise in the local paper or on the Internet while not being a licensed company? It seems to me that big brother would not allow this. Or is it even smart to have a full time business (even if its for a month to feel the water) without being a licensed company?

I am not sure what it means to be a "licensed" company. Do any of you operate a business without a license? Is it ok to advertise on the web without it? Can the EPA or IRS come after you?

I don't know how far you are going with your new detailing business but this may be some food for thought. I know I have been chewing on it for a while now.......
    Setting up an LLC before advertising is a good idea. You don't know what kind of people will contact you and talk to their friends about you. If one of your customers turns out to be a tax attorney, government worker, judge etc. it could get you in trouble not being permitted to do business in your state/county.

Also, insurance is important because mistakes can happen and you don't need to pay 3k for new paint because you slipped and hit your bp on the paint.

The IRS can and will come after you if you operate illegally, because they want a cut of all your profits.

Many business advertisements require that you give your tax id# before posting to insure legitimacy.

If you wish to "test the water", get some jobs with friends and family and see if detailing is what you really want to do. If their friends, coworkers etc. start asking about getting their cars done, it may be time to become licensed. It does not cost much, my llc cost 155 to get started, and my insurance is about 1000 per year. So each month only $100 goes toward that, maybe $250 for other expenses...the rest is profit. It works out that the first 2 cars of the month pays all expenses, the other 15-20 are profit.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

not unless you go premium, which allows you to have multiple domains and erase the footer from weebly. Check out my site, it was made on weebly for free, took about 3 hours.
    yea i did checked out your website it looks plain but is great what matter is the quality the detailer is able to perform on your car well i ma have to try to see if u can remember my website skills from high school even tho i graduated a year ago lol and on feb i start college for graphic design but i been in the auto detail for 5 years already and still learning i also want to make this a career is good money

Post Thanks / Like

@tfullercdi Good point!!
    @JonMiles Hey talking about insurance what are some of the things i should look for and what i need to be aware of in getting a good deal on an insurance. i have my GA business license which is about to expire now in dec 31 but i am planing in not renewing it because i will be moving to Chicago soon and i plan in doing business over there all tho i will be coming to visit Ga and there might be times where if i am in GA with my mobile detail i wouldnt mind doing my personal customers and other customers cars an also doing my main business in chicago so my question is should i have a business license individually for each state and insurance?? or is there a special license and insurance that would cover my business regardless if i do business back n forth in chicago and GA???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the info Jon. I think I am going to have to look into that then. I have been doing cars on the weekends out of my garage for a while now, friends, friends of friends, friends bosses, old clients from a detail shop I worked at a while ago that closed etc. I never really thought about insurance for repainting a car, I mainly worried about the car itself-that if in the strange cirrcumstance that my home was burglarized and something happened to their car it would be covered under my homeowners. Pretty naive of me-which I normally can pride myself by not being that way.

Like i said I am going to check into it because it's really what I want to to do. While I am at work I can't help but plan out the upcoming detail. I love it.

While my weekends stay busy, I dont know it will over flow through the week. If you dont mind me asking and if you do I completely understand, but how many cars do you average a month and how long had it taken you to get to that point?

Thanks again and if you dont want to disclose any info I completely understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, insurance is important because mistakes can happen and you don't need to pay 3k for new paint because you slipped and hit your bp on the paint.

I agree about having full coverage insurance. Where I work, if I make a mistake, my employer expects me to pay for damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast