autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    i am Romanian.

a quick update... i hired a helper , he doesn`t polish yet , but he helps with everything else.
    to have an idea how things go: he helped me 17 days with a total income of $7880 in those days, we had days with $50 a day and days with max $770. and remember he doesn`t do any polish or correction yet.

i had day with
    - black porsche 2 step correction(swirl free) interior included,
    - range rover , maserati , jaguar all washwax and interior
    Total time 10hours and 40 min - drive to 2 locations included.

another day :
    - SUV Porsche cayenne black , 1 step correction , interior , engine ;
    - Ferrari f430 wash wax , interior , engine
    - Bentley black - wash wax and interior
    total time 10 hours 20minutes - drive to 2 locations included.

i see a lot of people who start new business and offer cheap price service , if that`s your value.. is fine with me , but here is an example that even if you charge right for your time , value and knowledge things roll and you don`t get stuck with 1 car a week as a few think.
    with my prices i may not be booked for a month but i do have cars to do , regular clients to visit and my name is out there ....
    Cosmin
    eşti român? Good to know I'm not the only one here
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

I'm not sure what the differce between high end cars and regular cars is. If my stated price for a detail is x amount of dollars then that's the price. If a customer shows up with a ford or a Porsche. I don't raise the price on him just because he bought an expensive car. I really don't understand this mindset.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go, Cosmin, Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    I'm not sure what the differce between high end cars and regular cars is. If my stated price for a detail is x amount of dollars then that's the price. If a customer shows up with a ford or a Porsche. I don't raise the price on him just because he bought an expensive car. I really don't understand this mindset.
    sorry if my posts were confusing , here is a little more detailed view.
    the only time i raise my price is: stains , heavy-bugs/tar/sap , trashed interior , trash/soiled exterior , and anything that wasn`t included in the initial quote.
    i don not care what badge the car has or what cars , house , thick wallet the client has.
    i have a mile radius/round trip that i cover , if that is pass travel fee is apply and mention to the client prior any schedule /work done to the vehicle.

my hourly rate is around 30+/h on washes and 45-60+ /h on corrections. as i mention with a helper the working time is improved and the $/h is better.

and the difference between hi-end car and regular is that one of them is very expensive and you take a higher risk to work on them. but in my books are quoted on the same amount of money per hour rate.

as a side note: it may look to be harder to get into hi-end line but you may work for people that can afford your service more often and sometimes for multiple cars.
    thank `s
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

What an inspiring post! It's really great to see somebody posting from a business perspective, and from a perspective of actually making money. A lot of guys talk, but you are actually doing it! Great job! You've inspired me to use ad words as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Having lived in Austin when many became wealthy with the dot com boom and later when many went bust I know how the mood of that city can change instantly. There is still money there obviously but those that kept some of it can be incredibly fickle in spending it. I congratulate you on what you have accomplished in a rather unusual city citing the "Keep Austin Weird" stickers as but one example.

The amount of repeat customers you have acquired speaks highly of your skills as a businessman and a top quality detailer. I look forward to the continuing story......
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I am not even in the Detailing business, it is only a hobby for me, but you still inspire me.
    I have owned my own Business Forms business now 28 years and your insight into how to make a good profit are right on.
    Nothing can beat good customer service like good customer service.
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work.
    My wife & I have some really good friends who now call Austin home.
    We were there in Nov. 2010.
    Very nice city, but I don't like the humidity.
    I love the high desert here in Central Oregon.
    You make us all proud of the Detailing business.

Post Thanks / Like

* UPDATE: after 2 years and 3months
    since i start this adventure.

I rich 2 goals: 1x helper and closed to $10k a month
    as some of you may know i hired a helper. half month he was part time, after that 2 months full time. i lost the helper because of 2 weeks when i had a lot of rain and a few clients cancel.
    over the "helper" period , the experience show me that my system works, i am able to duplicate the results with another person , i am able to train my system to another person ,if busy the income can get skyrocket , my packages/prices/ finish product are improved with helper.
    Now i am busy for a 1 person , but not busy enough to hire and keep someone. i do increase the regular clients list and rethink my business plan , and my goal is to hire again as soon as i rich an more consistent list of regulars.
    i also did a few mistakes in spend some money in an advertise that didn`t pay back and it kind of sucks. but i learn from it : to don`t trust persons who sell you anything , read contracts twice , i end up running 2 more months in a magazine i didn`t have any returns.
    now the good news , the van works great , the wrap does the job and bring me clients, and even without corrections i still get 30-50$/hour from cleaning/washing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 4AudiQ View Post
    I am not even in the Detailing business, it is only a hobby for me, but you still inspire me.
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work.
    You make us all proud of the Detailing business.
    Thank you sir!
    i like Austin , after a few years of moving up and down the state , now i can call Austin , HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    The amount of repeat customers you have acquired speaks highly of your skills as a businessman and a top quality detailer. I look forward to the continuing story......
    repeat customers are the best!
    as far as the van starts and the buffer spins i will post the updates...

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    What an inspiring post! It's really great to see somebody posting from a business perspective, and from a perspective of actually making money. A lot of guys talk, but you are actually doing it! Great job! You've inspired me to use ad words as well. Thanks
    Thank you for your words!

and here is my secret weapon )

@proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way you could rethink how your website shows up on a Google search. I just goggled "auto detailing Austin TX and your website is buried pretty deep.

By the time someone finds out about you they have already seen 20 other detailers in your area. This may help in getting more business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Is there any way you could rethink how your website shows up on a Google search. I just goggled "auto detailing Austin TX and your website is buried pretty deep.
    it should show in sponsor area , and is listed only if you access it from a local computer.
    but i do have this in my homework to redesign the website and optimize it.
    looks like i have to keep an eye on adwords.
    thank you
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast