autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Cosmin can you post some pictures of the inside of the van. .

the van is packed , but if is organized it fit everything. the set-up is for light to mid volume. the bags with towels are missing , usually are keeps by the extractor and on top of the canopy

Pass side rear door , lower half:

pass side door , upper half

rear view :

rear view :

driver side rear door
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    a quick tip related with business : the power of a "quick" wash, with example.

paint correction generates more money now , maintenance/regular wash generates more money tomorrow....
    so... don`t underestimate the power of a quick wash , of course when is sold with profit.
    here is an example:
    john want`s paint correction , you charge him once $400+ for correction. and yous ee him again in 6 mo or a year.
    Matt want`s his car washed weekly , you charge him $50-$70 in max 2 hours

by the end of the year , your correction from john bring you less $1000 , and the regular "quick"wash from matt a min of $2600

of course if you can get the car corrected and keep it in maintenance wash , that`s even better...
    Funny you should mention this, as I was just recently calculating the time a full paint correction and detail job takes -vs- setting up a 'hand car wash' and doing more 'production' type sales. (i.e. quick wash as you mentioned)

While I would almost prefer detailing an exotic over 1-2 days and adding those to my empty portfolio, it definitely seems cranking out enough daily drivers with a quick $35 - $50 - or $70 job adds up pretty quickly.

I'm hunting for a 'high traffic' location for Thurs, Fri, Sat, & Sundays... mainly for "Hand Wash" & Mini-details.

Then, if it works out... plan to schedule the corrective & mobile services for Mon, Tues, and Wed by appointment.

*Still not sure where the day off fits in yet, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Cosmin, that van is NICE! Did you have to get a loan, or have you been able to pay cash cor all your gear? Very nice indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by art72 View Post
    Funny you should mention this,
    While I would almost prefer detailing an exotic over 1-2 days and adding those to my empty portfolio, it definitely seems cranking out enough daily drivers adds up pretty quickly. *Still not sure where the day off fits in yet, lol.
    keep 1 day off , use it for paper work , inspections , schedule , plans , and rest.
    my goal per day is 200-400+ as 1 men show , but i try to pull 350-1000$ per day with a helper, made with mix of correction and maintenance wash wax.

Quote Originally Posted by nickgodfrey View Post
    Wow Cosmin, that van is NICE! Did you have to get a loan, or have you been able to pay cash cor all your gear? Very nice indeed.
    i got a loan , i can pay it in full but i prefer to build a credit history, by the time i plan extend or have a steady location i can loan more.
    i was plan for a van for a few months and had my numbers together for equipment too.
    i can handle any kind of job.
    next month i have first boat , it will be a full interior clean up , so another horizon will open for me.
    after 2 years from working from my sedan trunk , the last month with the van was a huge difference.

thank`s guys!
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

As others have stated, incredible, inspirational story. Thanks for sharing, + all the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

You are my inspiration. was thinking of starting a part time business after i learn how polish and protect. But might go full time after college because of you Being a Ford Nut i always loved the transit ever since they came to the states. What are you getting for MPG with it loaded?? Your posts my not be perfect in terms of a English professor, but they are perfectly clear and make sense, having parents where English is their second language i understand perfectly. I hope to one day meet you
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I am speechless Cosmin

If I may ask where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the true view and some great tips! How do you help identify with what your client wants? I find myself often doing more then expected because of my damn pickiness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonFD View Post
    Thanks for the true view and some great tips! How do you help identify with what your client wants? I find myself often doing more then expected because of my damn pickiness.

that`s no good if you plan have profit and stay motivated.
    if weekend worrior it will be ok , but when you have a few clients line up that day , time is priceless and has to be use right.

the best way to identify what the client wants is to ask questions and let them talk.
    questions like: is any problems with the paint? are any stains you want me to address, what do we do today, what do you expect from this detail , is anything else i should know before i start... this will be just a few.
    some answers will be : i have this scratch/scuff/stain here , got some bugs/tar/sap here, i want crystal windows, i want no dressing on interior, the car sits outside i want extra protection etc , kind of to give you an idea.

based of the conversation and condition of the vehicle , i have an attack plan and i stick with it , so i don`t go over my limits and do things are not included in the detail. that way i address the issue , get the detail done in time and get paid for the time work i estimate.
    hope this helps ,
    thank`s
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rele View Post
    I am speechless Cosmin

If I may ask where are you from?
    i am Romanian.

a quick update... i hired a helper , he doesn`t polish yet , but he helps with everything else.
    to have an idea how things go: he helped me 17 days with a total income of $7880 in those days, we had days with $50 a day and days with max $770. and remember he doesn`t do any polish or correction yet.

i had day with
    - black porsche 2 step correction(swirl free) interior included,
    - range rover , maserati , jaguar all washwax and interior
    Total time 10hours and 40 min - drive to 2 locations included.

another day :
    - SUV Porsche cayenne black , 1 step correction , interior , engine ;
    - Ferrari f430 wash wax , interior , engine
    - Bentley black - wash wax and interior
    total time 10 hours 20minutes - drive to 2 locations included.

i see a lot of people who start new business and offer cheap price service , if that`s your value.. is fine with me , but here is an example that even if you charge right for your time , value and knowledge things roll and you don`t get stuck with 1 car a week as a few think.
    with my prices i may not be booked for a month but i do have cars to do , regular clients to visit and my name is out there ....
    Cosmin
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast