autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

All those nice cars and not a single photo? I'm gonna need to see these cars!

Post Thanks / Like

well done mate , im a 'full time' detailer and own my own shop ...
    your dead right about targeting the clients that you want to do work for , which in turn allows you to work on 'high end' cars .
    Im lucky as i worked at a major BMW dealership and kept alot of my contacts i made there .
    The best advise i ever got was to have a mentor to help and guide me along , my mentor isnt a detailer, but a very savy business man who gave me very good advice on marketing , pricing , book keeping .... everything !!!!
    On his advise i randomly pick around 2 (depending on bookings) people to give them a free wash and vac (think free tastings of food products ), you just cant buy the amount of good publicity they give you (i hand them a fist full of cards also)
    Next thing you know their family members , friends , people they play sports with , work mates are wanting work done because they've seen your work ...
    Dont just pick someone with a BMW or a Merc ... make it random , i did a womens little hatchback a couple of months ago , now her fathers three Lotus' are regulars of mine !!!! you just never know ....
    I pump around 15% of my earnings back into addvertising , its works for you full time and reaches people that might not recieve one of your cards .
    I also got little stickers made up to place on the rear window of cars that iv worked on , they work over time for you also , the owner is happy to have one their vehicle because im well known as doing good work and they like bragging that they get their car pro. detailed ....
    theres no end of tricks and clues to making a business a very profitable one , im very lucky to have been shown alot of this by much wiser older guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deluxedetailing View Post
    well done mate , im a 'full time' detailer and own my own shop ...
    The best advise i ever got was to have a mentor to help and guide me along , my mentor isnt a detailer, but a very savy business man who gave me very good advice on marketing , pricing , book keeping .... everything !!!!

thank`s for post , good advice , is all about business.
    i do have to plan for a light volume than what i do now. i am getting ready for the next step....

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    All those nice cars and not a single photo? I'm gonna need to see these cars!
    you are funny , search all my starting treads and see my work , or visit my web for eye candy
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

its great to see someone not happy to just be comfortable , but to keep wanting too better themselves and their business !!!
    Well done ....

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like maintenance plan is one of the targets for pro detailers. These rich guys do talk. I am sure one of them asks the other, "How do you take care of you car? It looks like brand new everything we meet." The answer is probably, "Cosmin of Pro Reflections takes care of it, and my Bentley too."

BTW, I am a big fan of your write-ups.

Post Thanks / Like

20 months update

70gal water tank and an extractor

and ...on the way: (the van will be set-up for all electric, the design for the wrap is not done, i heard pro and contra so far, the car pic will blend in and the background will be light blue or gray)
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Cosmin your gonna love the ford transit, and the wrap looks good, nice tank also just make sure when you position it, it's not pasted the rear axle congrats on your success!
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

man, you must have an mba from harvard in marketing. congratulations on your super sucess in a very competitive business! having spent my entire career in sales and marketing i can say you are on target. keep stroking and youll get to the top rung!!!!!!

budinsc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budinsc View Post
    man, you must have an mba from harvard in marketing. congratulations on your super sucess in a very competitive business! having spent my entire career in sales and marketing i can say you are on target. keep stroking and youll get to the top rung!!!!!!budinsc
    Thank you for you support!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    Cosmin your gonna love the ford transit, and the wrap looks good, nice tank also just make sure when you position it, it's not pasted the rear axle congrats on your success!
    Thank`s John, Santa got earlier this year .......and the fun begins!!!
    i have a huge list of shopping and i hope in max 1-2 months to have the van set-up and ready for any kind of job
    i probably should start a new tread...

@proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread. Very well done Cosmin you are well on your way to achieving the American Dream. And doing it the right way through hard and smart work, not saying someone owes you.

My wife and I owned a portrait studio for 15 years before 3 back and 1 neck surgery put me out of commision. You need to constantly be marketing your business and through multiple channels. One mistake often made is you market, you get busy, your too busy working to market, and then your work dries up. We always said constant marketing kept the pipeline full so that there were always new clients coming. If your new to business take advantage of all those " congratulations you won 250 free business card offers", then you will have plenty to pass on. And yea fit the service and the amount of work you put into it to the client and car. We made the mistake of retouching and working on every client lime they were high end well paying clients. Some just wanted a "Nice" picture and would never see the level of imperfection we did. Do a Good job, get your money and move on.

Excellent post Cosmin you have definitely Planned to succeed and you are there. Bravo

Btw: I have close friends who came to America knowing no one with $200 in there pocket. On top of that they owed the Mafia in Romania $6000 to be paid off in 6 months for helping them get outcof communist country or they would hurt their parents. With that incentive they worked their A$$ off and today in only 12 years they have a high end Medical Massage and Spa with a net worth of over $1 million. It can be done. Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast