autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

such an inspiration! I'm starting my business, part time for now, but this thread keeps me motivated.

thank you and congrats to you and your success thus far

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmin,

I only detail for fun but would like to start working on cars in my free time. Your thread is truly inspirational and motivational. It reminds me of when my family and I started our own business about 10yrs ago.

One thing I learned is to stay open-minded because things change all the time and if your business doesn't adapt you will never be successful.

P.s. I remember reading that you're from Romania....if you ever have a taste for some good snacks/beverages from the old country I got you covered

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PV-Eur...t/244217823368

Keep up all the great work!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good inspiration

Post Thanks / Like

*UPDATE , in Dec is been a year since i open the shop
    the shop is open by appointment only. so 80-90% we are mobile.
    the shop is used for clear bra install, or any major correction, we can fit 2 cars inside.
    this year we had around 3 months with rain ,one of them was raining every single day, i got 1month vacation and we still gonna finish the year in 25-30% more than 2014.

so... yes, the shop helps with our new service , the paint protection film. the overhead may be higher with the shop, but i see it as investment. for 2016 my goal is to market more the film install at the shop and find "systems" that can be used by my guys so they can cover the mobile side , so i can focus on the clear bra install and any other major projects at the shop.

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful shop and i'm happy to hear of your success, Cosmin! Keep rockin' and rollin'!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Beautiful shop and i'm happy to hear of your success, Cosmin! Keep rockin' and rollin'!
    thank you sir

an quick view of the shop before / after , is been rainy lately in Austin so i got some extra time to mess around with.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4rgqlExtPA[/video]
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

** about 6 years since i start this adventure....
    a quick peek to the numbers, a lot of "investment" ,we start 2017 with 3 guys full time, 2016 was 35% more than 2015 and 2017 it start strong with records in sales.
    is a challenge to have your own business but the sky is the limit and if you are positive and goal oriented you will succeed. also don`t be afraid to invest and to versify your services and learn new skills.
    last graph is all 6 years of business , as you can see after 3years it start picking up strong and steady. that`s what you want, a steady income.

@proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

this post is exclusive to autogeek community.
    Hi Mike , got your advice to write this up...

i hope it will inspire new detailers and new business detailers , and the old one`s too.
    i move to Austin , Tx in february 2010. i was jobless for 2 months, new city , no income and trash by some POS company where i had 2 interviews and they not even told me they got someone else.

i detail as side for 1year and a half but not exotics or stuff like this.
    in april i got my dba and i plan the business: luxury and exotics
    yes! u have to plan that, is all about planing and goals.
    i use a simple software to get my website together. the first 2-3 months in business i charge up to 30-50% off and get things moving.

i did hit few forums , but no luck. i did try magazine ad , no luck , i did hit few dealership doors and they kind of laugh at me but i told them straight: "u will hear about me sooner or later!" , i left bcards in car windows , i give bcards everywhere. NOTHING , some things works for others some not. but i did try it.

finally i start reading about marketing and got adwords google , and few more others web marketing stuff. another boom was p-cards , is a big investment but it pays in a long run.

after 8 months of detailing as a business i rich and beat my goal every time , got from jobless to $5200 a month. and i know i can pull 6-7 by myself and have sunday and maybe some saturdays off.
    as cars.... i work on dream cars: 55 ferrari ( Formula F1 , Enzo , 458 ,california , 599, f430 , 360 , 612 scaglietti, testarossa , maranello, 355) , 12 porsche , 2 bentley , 1 aston martin , 1 rolls royce and a lot more bmw, mercedes etc. wasn`t all of them corrections or polish involved , but not everyone want the full deal. u have to adapt your service to get the most out of it.

my future plans is get a helper in 3-4 mo from now and push to 10k a month. i know is possible , is just have to get the right ingredients... and i will have them.

about dealer work , is good to have an account if they can afford your service. of course i try get a deal from there , i do give a deal price in exchange of giving out some business cards.
    as soon as i start as a business i realize that getting regular clients is a big step. monthly or weekly is just great.

when i have a new client i usually go to see the car first , inspected , talk with the owner and after that i shoot an email with few quotes based of what needs to be done and what i think will help to get a better condition of the paint /interior.
    when i email a quote i always put 30 days expiration , i give available days to be choose.
    if the client is serious about getting the car detailed is all set , the day time , and the process. i focus on 1 -2 cars a day , but if light maintenance as wash wax , i can pull few cars a day.

talking about competition.... my first words was... "i don`t care". are a lot of cars in this town and is up to each one to get the best out of it. so i see my things and they see theirs...i am friendly and open to any detailers gtg , or similar things .
    i don`t see competition as competition. i know they are there they do good /great jobs but i have other things to focus on than waste time what A or B does. i have my own plans and rules and i follow them.

in the last few mo , 1/2 from each mo income went back to marketing. if u are superman and no one knows , u are nothing! so get your word out.
    if u plan make profit from detailing think it as a business , is more important. if u focus on detailing u may loose some bucks , clients , time and energy.
    i see few post here and there of "how" a detail should be... well when u detail for living things change, u don`t have time for 200 pictures from 20 angles each wheel.
    what`s on my schedule: correction on black porsche 911 , correction on black GTR`s, 2011 white bentley correction , maybe a light polish GT40 to get it ready for sale - pending.
    english is my second language so don`t be mean.
    Time is Money!
    Think first , Money after!
    Cosmin

as you can see the winter affect me a little , but spring and summer is where my plans are.

Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outstanding thread Cosmin. Thank you for sharing your experiences and tips with us. I've learned a lot from you that I'll be applying towards my own fledgling business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    ** about 6 years since i start this adventure....
    a quick peek to the numbers, a lot of "investment" ,we start 2017 with 3 guys full time, 2016 was 35% more than 2015 and 2017 it start strong with records in sales.
    is a challenge to have your own business but the sky is the limit and if you are positive and goal oriented you will succeed. also don`t be afraid to invest and to versify your services and learn new skills.
    last graph is all 6 years of business , as you can see after 3years it start picking up strong and steady. that`s what you want, a steady income.

WOW amazing job, if I may ask, how long you've been learning about detailing before you started this business 6 years ago? *sorry for my bad english, it's my second language*

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast