autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fleet Services....

Did you ever get the gig? And what did you charge?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fleet Services....

That sounds like a great oppurtunity (if priced right) - 350 car fleet! There is a company here in Tn that I saw pressure washing cars at dealerships with a crew of maybe 5 guys rigorously going to work on these cars. They were pressure washing them and drying off, basically that was it. I asked a dealer how much they pay for their services and he responded 1.25 a car!!!!!!!! 1.25!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I can see it being nice to have a solid consistent flow coming in from the business (once a week I believed he said, dusting off the cars).

The problem for me would be
    * How on earth can you keep a good crew that can't be making more than minimum wage at those rates? Plus they were working their butts off!!! Seems like the turnover rate for employees would be ridiculous.
    * Seems to be adding a lot of risk for little return. Hitting up so many cars so fast with a crew that more than likely doesn't have any worries because they are making chump change, sounds to me like something bad will happen sooner than later. Like an "oops, I fell and scratched the car cause I was going to fast" , or " Going so fast from being over worked and quality is compromised which means your name can be compromised.

These may be good selling point as well with getting the dealerships to spend the extra money over the guy making $10 profit a lot after employees, taxes, and products (if they are legit). Let them know that the dollar or two more than you charge per car ensures them better quality employees and less risk for issues. My 2 cents - hope this helps!?!?!?
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12