autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Need feedback on website

I am NOT a web designer but I have bee playing one for the last week. I would like to get some feedback on my site. The site is not 100% done but pretty close. Tell me what you think! If is sucks let me know why so I can change it.
    Colors Detailing Best detailing service St Charles, IL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need feedback on website

That's a nice looking website but I think you spelled mirrors "mirrios", otherwise I like it and the pictures add a personal touch because you include daily drivers. In my opinion that will help because people won't see your business as a "top of the line" only shop.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott DeBrun View Post
    That's a nice looking website but I think you spelled mirrors "mirrios", otherwise I like it and the pictures add a personal touch because you include daily drivers. In my opinion that will help because people won't see your business as a "top of the line" only shop.

Thanks Scott! I am going to have my wife spell check it for me. scine I have the spelling abilitys of a 3rd grader.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, I definately wouldn't win a spelling bee.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a expert either but the home page got my attention as a consumer and when i went to your services page i got lost IMO your menue is to much to many choices to much education in a paragraph...what do i know... just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty clear that it was done by you and not a professional. A lot of the text you used can be hard to see depending on the monitor.
    You used a ton of images which seriously decreases SEO and website load time, someone with a slow computer / slow connection would have a lot of trouble viewing all those pictures in a timely manner.

Also, a lot of pictures I have seen on google images. If you pulled them off of there I suggest taking them down immediately because that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The collage at the bottom also is extremely unprofessional in web design.

The quality of the graphics is sub par and there is a lack of organization

If you ever would like a professionally built website or just some advice feel free to message me on here if you are trying to take your business to the next level.

Best of luck.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    I am not a expert either but the home page got my attention as a consumer and when i went to your services page i got lost IMO your menue is to much to many choices to much education in a paragraph...what do i know... just my $.02
    Thanks. I feel the same about the services page also. I am playing around with the idea of breaking it up into 3 differnt pages (hand washes/interiro/express/Full detailing)

Quote Originally Posted by ilb3 View Post
    It is pretty clear that it was done by you and not a professional. A lot of the text you used can be hard to see depending on the monitor.
    You used a ton of images which seriously decreases SEO and website load time, someone with a slow computer / slow connection would have a lot of trouble viewing all those pictures in a timely manner.

Also, a lot of pictures I have seen on google images. If you pulled them off of there I suggest taking them down immediately because that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The collage at the bottom also is extremely unprofessional in web design.

The quality of the graphics is sub par and there is a lack of organization

If you ever would like a professionally built website or just some advice feel free to message me on here if you are trying to take your business to the next level.

Best of luck.
    Why do images decrease SEO?

The Pics I got for the service buttons were from a free vector site and the other ones I took from a web template I bought. The rest of the pics were all taken by me personally

I like the collage at the bottom! very proud! I know it is not a "professinal site" Just want to make it look as good as I can now and some day be able to pay someone to get it to that pro level

The graphics are probialy sub par it is the first time I have ever used adobe Ill. I am trying to learn it.

How can I organize it better? I posted this so I could get advice.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

images decrease SEO because search engines cannot recognize images as referances within your site and do not understand them thus cannot advertise and link searchers to your site properly.

the collage is a bad idea because it is a lot of pictures that take up a ton of space and decrease load time and seo. also, you have it saved as one big picture not numerous little ones. also all of your pictures are not saved for web to decrease size and increase load time.

spelling mistakes were already mentioned.

the graphics look cheap and unrealiable. if you think you are in the clear then go for it but it is very important to be extra careful with those pictures. better to pay 5 bucks for it now than 3 grand for it later.

a possible idea to make the collage work better is to make it into a slideshow or possibly a small box with small thumbnails of every car detailed and when users hover over / click a thumbnail the gallery of the car would come up.

you also use a lot of effects on your text which is not good. contrast is created by using different colors not different effects.

when i talk about too many images: this should all be text
    http://www.colorsdetailing.com/images/FAQ1.png
    http://www.colorsdetailing.com/images/about-us-page.png

Crucial site mistake that will absolutely minimize your traffic and will make a dominant majority of your work go to waste.

also, you are attempting to persuade customers into leaving not only their every day cars with you, but their prized possessions like antiques, expensive sports cars etc. completely in your hands. a client needs to get the feeling of professionalism and reliability from the website to immediately instill a sense of trust in you and your business before they move forward.

those are just some of the elements i could see right off the bat. hope it helps.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilb3 View Post
    images decrease SEO because search engines cannot recognize images as referances within your site and do not understand them thus cannot advertise and link searchers to your site properly.

the collage is a bad idea because it is a lot of pictures that take up a ton of space and decrease load time and seo. also, you have it saved as one big picture not numerous little ones. also all of your pictures are not saved for web to decrease size and increase load time.

spelling mistakes were already mentioned.

the graphics look cheap and unrealiable. if you think you are in the clear then go for it but it is very important to be extra careful with those pictures. better to pay 5 bucks for it now than 3 grand for it later.

a possible idea to make the collage work better is to make it into a slideshow or possibly a small box with small thumbnails of every car detailed and when users hover over / click a thumbnail the gallery of the car would come up.

you also use a lot of effects on your text which is not good. contrast is created by using different colors not different effects.

when i talk about too many images: this should all be text
    http://www.colorsdetailing.com/images/FAQ1.png
    http://www.colorsdetailing.com/images/about-us-page.png

Crucial site mistake that will absolutely minimize your traffic and will make a dominant majority of your work go to waste.

also, you are attempting to persuade customers into leaving not only their every day cars with you, but their prized possessions like antiques, expensive sports cars etc. completely in your hands. a client needs to get the feeling of professionalism and reliability from the website to immediately instill a sense of trust in you and your business before they move forward.

those are just some of the elements i could see right off the bat. hope it helps.

Yes! very much. The problem I am haveing is that the site builder I am forced to use is not very user friendly so I wanted to design all my own "graphics" to add some flare to the whole thing. I am going to learn dreamweaver would this be a better program to use for my site??

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful design, but should be used text more than picture . It will affect the SEO.

What tools do you use in web design ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast