autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Appropriate vehicle for Mobile Unit

Just curious. Have you ever thought about a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L V6? They should be able to pull whatever an S10 or Sonoma can, they're cheap, and they get pretty good gas mileage.

Post Thanks / Like

I would, but not a Cherokee or Lorado.

'02-03 Cherokees have a recall for seat warmers causing fires. 1990's-2006 have the problem with the limited slip error in the transmission which causes the accelerator to activate and floor it regardless of what gear your car is in. A co-worker of mine got ran over at my car wash the year before I worked there... so I can't (refuse) to get one.

I would love to do a manual, but the Mrs. would need an auto to use as a back up vehicle incase her Malibu goes down. I have an Rx7 as my summer car, and a 95' civic auto which will be my trade in as a down payment for a truck (it's my DD car for now).

Sadly to say I need an auto for my set up, maybe a liberty or wrangler would be something to look at. I was going to go with a ranger... but I've decided I need more cab space for a backseat bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    I would, but not a Cherokee or Lorado.

'02-03 Cherokees have a recall for seat warmers causing fires. 1990's-2006 have the problem with the limited slip error in the transmission which causes the accelerator to activate and floor it regardless of what gear your car is in. A co-worker of mine got ran over at my car wash the year before I worked there... so I can't (refuse) to get one.

I would love to do a manual, but the Mrs. would need an auto to use as a back up vehicle incase her Malibu goes down. I have an Rx7 as my summer car, and a 95' civic auto which will be my trade in as a down payment for a truck (it's my DD car for now).

Sadly to say I need an auto for my set up, maybe a liberty or wrangler would be something to look at. I was going to go with a ranger... but I've decided I need more cab space for a backseat bench.

Two cars will do the trick because they can come outfitted with shelves in the back! Ford Econoline or the Ford Transit (all the european detailers use these fuel friendly vans) def check these options out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123