autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

do you multi stage or AIO?

i was initially interested in multi step paint correction for my detailing business however upon thinking it over i think i would be better just using a good AIO with say a green pad then a blue that will finish nicely and remove most of the swirls...

to cut down on time and to keep my prices more affordable..while still creating a nice finish..i could still offer a multi stage for more severe correction but just on my basic package i was thinking of doing this

opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: do you multi stage or AIO?

I do both. If you want a good AIO, D151 would be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it really depends on what the owner wants as to what I do. If they want a good multi-step to last, I generally do 105/205/klasse aio/klasse hgsg topped with sig. series II, but for most quick jobs its just a good wash/clay/klasse aio.

Post Thanks / Like

and the d151 can be adjusted by the pad used?

and say if youre doing wash/clay klasse aio then how do you market it...do you list polish, wax, and sealant seperate even tho its in the AIO or....?

Post Thanks / Like

wash clay and use xmt360. is the fastest way to give you a nice shine with protection..
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i was looking at either xmt or d151 but like i was saying how do you market an aio? do you list everything seperate still? and is the xmt360 actually going to remove scratches or will they just come back when the sealant wears off?
    Last edited by Bullitt AK; 08-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if it was me id offer seperete packages. a full correction package which includes compounding and polishing along with a wax or sealant. or an aio package and list what that intails removing minor swirls cleaning the paint and sealing .. this way your customers have a few choices to choice from ..
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my details are a single step machine polish and I use D151 with an orange pad on the rough spots and a white pad for everything else. Even with an orange Lake Country pad the 151 finishes off MUCH nicer than what you were starting with and it clears up a decent amount of swirling. 151 saves me a great deal of time. I love it.

I tried for the first time this weekend Chemical Guys 1 step Swirl and Scratch B-Gone on a G37. It was dusting like CRAZY on me, but I think I was trying to work it too long. It did seem to leave a pretty decent sealant down though, because when I hosed the car off (to remove the dust) there was insane water beading going on.
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Consider also using Menzerna Power Finish as your one-step polish. It'll remove more swirls than an AIO and finish down just as nice. Then you top it with an affordable LSP, like collinite 845 or something equivalent.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, any polish that finishes down reasonably well can be used as a single step polish with pretty good results, and I have certainly done that before, but I think the point of the thread was avoiding multiple steps if possible (cleaning and sealing in one step).
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast