autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neighborhood kid doing a neighborhood job -- Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Seeing as I know nothing about those machines... Could you recommend one?
    Auto Care ProHeat®

There's a lot more expensive and better ones, but I have this one a it works great!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Auto Care ProHeat®

There's a lot more expensive and better ones, but I have this one a it works great!
    Thanks. I cant say that I'm ready to make the 700$ hike to some of the higher end models on AG quite yet. For now, that fits the bill
    Can this be used safely on leather upholstery?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Christopher;338331
    Can this be used safely on leather upholstery?[/QUOTE]
    You don't want to use an "extractor" type machine on leather. Leather, coated or un-coated is cleaned by hand. I clean my coated leather with diluted APC and a leather scrub brush, then apply a protectant.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Chris

I would save up soem and get a 60$ 5hp 3.5gal shop vac (lowes) 100$ little green machine with heat and a Small 100$ steamer( I think mine is made by McClough) to help you with interiors! You will be amazed at what this combination will help you clean up. Those to machines paired up with some APC+ and Folex and you'll be doing some nice interior work with minimum $$$ invested in equipment. I have had my less then professional grade machines for over a year now and they still work great. Just do not try to suck up any suds with your extractor and use Distilled water in your steamer and your golden... an dalways follow up the LGM with the shop vac!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Chris

I would save up soem and get a 60$ 5hp 3.5gal shop vac (lowes) 100$ little green machine with heat and a Small 100$ steamer( I think mine is made by McClough) to help you with interiors! You will be amazed at what this combination will help you clean up. Those to machines paired up with some APC+ and Folex and you'll be doing some nice interior work with minimum $$$ invested in equipment. I have had my less then professional grade machines for over a year now and they still work great. Just do not try to suck up any suds with your extractor and use Distilled water in your steamer and your golden... an dalways follow up the LGM with the shop vac!
    When do you find yourself using the steamer instead of the LGM on interiors?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Chris

Thanks! I already have a shop vac that I use, I just need to get the lgm and the steamer -- what would I use the steamer for anyway? I am hesitant to go get a tool that I don't know how to use!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're taking on a new endeavor. I second the recommendation to get a steamer. The first time you're trying to get semi-dried coca-cola out of a cup-holder or a center counsel, you'll be glad you got one. They get into nooks and crannies like no other tool, and you are doing it with steam so it's nice not to have to rely on chemicals.

I actually use a scunci steamer, have had it for years now and has never failed me, but I use it lightly. This one wagner would be more suited to a commercial environment.

You would not go wrong with a carpet shampooer from bissel, I have a heated little green machine and it works great. From my experience if you're not careful pressure washing floor mats you could damage them.

Insurance isn't a bad idea! I got some quotes a while back it it was like $1500 a year, a couple of members on here thought that was high. Anyone feel like sounding in and letting us know what a good price for insurance is?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123