autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair pricing for carpet/floormat extraction and upholstery cleaning

what is a good price to offer full carpet extraction at? i was thinking 50/car
    fabric upholstery cleaning? i was thinking between 35-40/ for 2/4 door cars/trucks

too much? not enough?

i am in a good enough situation right now to where i can afford to offer lower pricing and just increase the volume but what do you guys think

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fair pricing for carpet/floormat extraction and upholstery cleaning

We are located in Kansas by a military base, a university, and a lot of farm ground. We found that when someone calls to make an apointment for just carpet and or seats extracted it was usually because of vomit, or heavy mud. In these cases we charge 50.00 an hour, with a 1 hour minimum, otherwise its included in our interior, or full detail. Most vehicles we can extract in under an hour, but every once in a while you will get that one bad one that will take 2 or 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j994k View Post
    We are located in Kansas by a military base, a university, and a lot of farm ground. We found that when someone calls to make an apointment for just carpet and or seats extracted it was usually because of vomit, or heavy mud. In these cases we charge 50.00 an hour, with a 1 hour minimum, otherwise its included in our interior, or full detail. Most vehicles we can extract in under an hour, but every once in a while you will get that one bad one that will take 2 or 3.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ^ Ladies and Gentelman, we have a winner

I have been detailing profesionally since cable tv was intoduced and in all my years I have never seen anything but complete filth when someone request that only the carpet/seats be cleaned. I would certainally not give a quote untill I had seen what kinda mess I was getting myself into. Then I would add 50% to whatever price you think you can do this job for. IMPO these type of customers always turn into more trouble then there worth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ^ Ladies and Gentelman, we have a winner

I have been detailing profesionally since cable tv was intoduced and in all my years I have never seen anything but complete filth when someone request that only the carpet/seats be cleaned. I would certainally not give a quote untill I had seen what kinda mess I was getting myself into. Then I would add 50% to whatever price you think you can do this job for. IMPO these type of customers always turn into more trouble then there worth
    I find the same thing and apply the same logic as Flash and j994k. Flash

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I find the same thing and apply the same logic as Flash and j994k. Flash
    Couldn't agree more with the both of you, people will tell you there car is "clean" and "up kept" when they haven't washed there car in over 6 months. Meanwhile there kids trashed the interior with crayons and food. Always give a quote based on the condition of the vehicle once YOU see it, not from what they tell you over the phone. I typically charge $75 for a full interior extraction for most 2-4 door vehicles with cloth seats and dirty carpets. If they are heavily soiled and take a lot of pre-treating and work then $100-$125 for the job. You have to explain to the customer that this is not just an ordinary vacuum, this is THE BEST and the most DEEP cleaning that can possibly be done to your carpets and cloth seats on the interior of there vehicle. I have had customers blown away with the results, if you know how to clean interiors the right way and you can sell yourself, it will pay off. Just my 2 cents!

Post Thanks / Like

My business does only this; here is what I charge:

Services Offered By Superior Auto Interiors of Orlando, Florida
    Brandon Gardner
    President
    Superior Auto Detailing, LLC.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brandon,
    how busy do you stay by just offering interiors only?

John

PS: I grew up in orange county in a small town called Union Park. I graduated from Colonial High School in 81. I watched Orlando grow by leaps & bounds. My son graduated from Timber Creek High School in 04.
    Dirt-B-Gone Mobile Detailing
    www.HandWashAndWax.com
    facebook.com/DBGMobileDetailing John Wells

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FraziersEVO View Post
    Couldn't agree more with the both of you, people will tell you there car is "clean" and "up kept" when they haven't washed there car in over 6 months. Meanwhile there kids trashed the interior with crayons and food. Always give a quote based on the condition of the vehicle once YOU see it, not from what they tell you over the phone. I typically charge $75 for a full interior extraction for most 2-4 door vehicles with cloth seats and dirty carpets. If they are heavily soiled and take a lot of pre-treating and work then $100-$125 for the job. You have to explain to the customer that this is not just an ordinary vacuum, this is THE BEST and the most DEEP cleaning that can possibly be done to your carpets and cloth seats on the interior of there vehicle. I have had customers blown away with the results, if you know how to clean interiors the right way and you can sell yourself, it will pay off. Just my 2 cents!
    Welcome sir!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    Welcome sir!!
    Thanks brother!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwellsii View Post
    Hey Brandon,
    how busy do you stay by just offering interiors only?

John

PS: I grew up in orange county in a small town called Union Park. I graduated from Colonial High School in 81. I watched Orlando grow by leaps & bounds. My son graduated from Timber Creek High School in 04.
    Hi John,

I'm extremely busy! People who call me know exactly what they're looking for, whether it be stain removal, odor removal and whatnot. Over the last year and a half, I've only had ONE customer cancel when she realized that I didn't wash exteriors also.

When I started this business a few years ago, I thought that the mobile detailing field in Orlando was way too competitive and I noticed that not many offer a complete list of interior detailing services. So I did just that and business has been good!

I know exactly where Union Park is, I have a few friends that live over that way. I am in Windermere over on the Western part of the county.
    Brandon Gardner
    President
    Superior Auto Detailing, LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast