autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Washing

Post Thanks / Like

Car Washing

I was wondering if you guys just wash cars as well. I only detail during the week. On the weekends I setup shop in a few local gas stations and just wash cars, $20. This allows me to get new clients for detailing during the week. Since I'm mobile, I can go to their location. Do any of you do this, if so, how much of a percentage to you give the gas station owner? thanx in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Washing

Quote Originally Posted by gumbedamit View Post
    I was wondering if you guys just wash cars as well. I only detail during the week. On the weekends I setup shop in a few local gas stations and just wash cars, $20. This allows me to get new clients for detailing during the week. Since I'm mobile, I can go to their location. Do any of you do this, if so, how much of a percentage to you give the gas station owner? thanx in advance

I do the same thing at a local liquor store 3 days a week, I give the owner a free mini detail once a week for letting me do so. I just spend 2 hours on his car every monday on a wash, spray wax, tire shine, vac and dress interior...it keeps him happy and helps me make a few extra bucks while meeting new customers.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a great post on another forum from our friend Justin about the economy and "just washes". You need to modify business to take advantage of what and how people spend. Right now, alot of families are pressed for time but have little $$$. So a good quick wash and a reasonable price will bring repeat business.

I might suggest tossing in something small for free, like tire dressing or interior scent. (doesnt cost much to you in bulk or time) Also leave a business card inside car but NEVER clear out change in the ash tray !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out
    http://gvm-subhalldata.com/wrland

Free car wash and detail magazine trends, little business advice, some staff management idea, and new product and equipment,
    little bigger toys....

Interesting reading, taking a hobby to a real business

Post Thanks / Like

Once you add up the costs of doing a thorough job at the "do it yourself" car wash, you can see that $15-$20 while you relax and let the pro's do it, seems like not a bad deal. We also give them a card that gets stamped. After five washes they get a free wax! (consumer grade)

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out
    http://gvm-subhalldata.com/wrland

Free car wash and detail magazine trends, little business advice, some staff management idea, and new product and equipment,
    little bigger toys....

Interesting reading, taking a hobby to a real business

Corrected htt://gym-sub.halldata.com/wrland

looks like I left out the . after sub sorry about that it is a decent magazine and free...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd never be able to do a good car wash for $20 with other people doing crappy washes at $10 and the drive-thru automatic car wash does it for $10 (also in less time..)

Post Thanks / Like

You messed up again lol

Here ya go:

Professional Carwash & Detailing Subscription Form

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itzJoker View Post
    I'd never be able to do a good car wash for $20 with other people doing crappy washes at $10 and the drive-thru automatic car wash does it for $10 (also in less time..)
    Quality counts. There are several automated car washes in my area. On the weekends, I setup at a local gas station, they know I'm going to be there and that they are able to get a good wash.
    I can't wash cars for $10. I used to take my car to the automated wash, it cost me $12 for the wash, spray wax and a free vacuum that you have to do yourself. That still leaves me to do my own vacuum, wipe down the inside and still do the windows. You have to realize and then convince your perspective clients that you are offering a premium service, it may take a little while but keep at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you educate people on what the drive through washes do to their vehicles, you will get more converts.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast