autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much for a wash and wax no interior?

I charge $75 to wash and wax a car with a light interior cleaning that only includes vacuuming, windows and a light dusting of the interior panels. Subtract $15 if they don't want the quick interior cleaning.

I charge $35-50 JUST to wash a car or truck. Depends on the size of the vehicle. I do give "friend" discounts though as they get the word out quick to new potential customers, but I ask that they not disclose the price they paid since they're "friends".
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steamshooter View Post
    Wouldn't this be a case for educating the client? It sounds to me that the client is misinformed by someone that really doesn't know what he's talking about. If the client could actually feel the difference between a clayed surface and an unclayed surface he might understand your wanting to clay the vehicle (and charge extra)
    Well, its a done deal now. I used WGDGPS. No clay. The hood really needed it, and the rear spoiler was half as bad. The roof section was very faint contamination. After I did it, I had the client feel the hood, so he could feel the contamination. FINALLY he's convinced that claying has value, and that it needed it, just like I said.... Next time, it will be clayed. The car was plenty glossy, but I think the hood would have been more reflective had it been clayed. Since the paint was new, not claying really didn't impair my sealant application much. It would have taken longer had I clayed. Unfortunately I just don't feel as proud of my work now, but hey, it's his car, and after I tried to convince him for two minutes of the need to clay initially and he still said no, I decided not to. I thought of bringing him over to feel the paint after washing, but I was honestly a bit fed up with him, and so I just didn't feel like it. I did it for $40, because he is really cheap and I was desperate for the cash. Next time, it will be $60 to clay the horizontal and wash and wax. If he doesn't want to pay that, I'm not doing it. I spent 4 hours on the car. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

$65 for the "Basic" as I call it. Foam, tires/wheels/wells, 2BM wash, wax (usually OCW, fantastic for jobs like this IMO), dress tires/wells. SUVs and large trucks are $10 extra.

I offer clay as an addon and do make an honest attempt to sell new clients on it. Sadly here most people really don't want to truly care for the vehicles. They want "clean and shiny." I guess that's why so-called "detail shops" are in such good supply. The local Chevy dealer even runs one now. I refer to it as the Tunnel o' Hologram.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been just washing cars that drive in with no appointment for $15.00. Thats just a quick hand wash and towel dry. No detailing.

Wash and wax with no prep such as claybar, polish or otherwise runs around $30 and were done in under an hour. This is with consumer-grade cheap wax such as Meg's Gold Class or sealant #21 for example.

There is no doubt that prepwork is well justified and needed, but not everyone wants to pay $50 and up just to wax their car. At least, not in my area.

From there we upsell "upgrades" and try our best to educate. Claybarring, compounding, polish, higher quality wax, touchups etc depending on what the customer wants, we just want to make sure they understand they are getting what they pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

I would actually direct the people who don't want to pay my prices to the local ghetto wash or free church wash...either way, it's lose/lose for them. I can't downgrade my level of work for a customer. I don't want people thinking they can just throw a number at me and get SOMETHING from me. I'd rather hold out and get the customers who understand how much my work is worth.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

How much for a wash and wax no interior?

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing
    I would actually direct the people who don't want to pay my prices to the local ghetto wash or free church wash...either way, it's lose/lose for them. I can't downgrade my level of work for a customer. I don't want people thinking they can just throw a number at me and get SOMETHING from me. I'd rather hold out and get the customers who understand how much my work is worth.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Josh
    "Work smarter, not harder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Car Care View Post
    We have been just washing cars that drive in with no appointment for $15.00. Thats just a quick hand wash and towel dry. No detailing.

Wash and wax with no prep such as claybar, polish or otherwise runs around $30 and were done in under an hour. This is with consumer-grade cheap wax such as Meg's Gold Class or sealant #21 for example.
    If you are just using good washing techniques, $15 sounds like a good price. Can you make money at $15? If so, it is win-win for you and the customer.

I think your point is lost on some.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    I would actually direct the people who don't want to pay my prices to the local ghetto wash or free church wash...either way, it's lose/lose for them.
    I can understand not negotiating prices but to send to them a car wash so they can get their car swirled up even more seems a bit much.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I can understand not negotiating prices but to send to them a car wash so they can get their car swirled up even more seems a bit much.
    The reality is that a lot of people just do not care.We did a BMW M5 Sat. that the owner wanted it all for minimal cash.He has been taking it to the $5 side street washes. We made the car look great inside and out and gave him a great deal because we were supposed to do his wifes Escalade and got screwed in the end.Had an apportionment the next morning and was a no show. We spent close to 5 hrs on it and took in the rear.I guess he was upset that it cost more to get it right and did not want to lay out the cash for his other ride.All I know is he got one hell of a deal there is not a shop around that would have done what we did for $150.I think quality and pride do have a price tag but the average consumer does not see it like we do..I feel a basic wash and wax should be in the $50 range depending on the vehicle and shape the paint is in.Here are a few pics of the one that bit us in the ass.Oh well,I guess we have to learn from our mistakes...
    Before

After

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that man. Just goes to show you that some people just don't care, both about their ride or your business. At the VERY LEAST he should had called to cancel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast