autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Having issues with my prices

Ive been building up my website for customers to browse AND just uploaded a price sheet. I had a call the other day for work and i directed them to the site and never heard from them.

I have a full time job. I dont need to detail for a living. And I want to do correction and restoration work. High end detailing not the local quick wash wax for a few bucks. I offer a basic detail that starts at $100 but its a pretty thorough detail. And thats the car price.But I seem to be scaring off the average person even though my prices are reasonable. Can you guys take a look and give some advice on my price sheet? Thanks

Polished Works » Packages and Pricing
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Having issues with my prices

I'm with you Chris. I don't need practice at this after 35 years. If I can't get my price I simply thank them for considering me for a quote and respectfully let them know if they are in need of my level of service I will be happy to do business with them at a future date.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you are talking about. I too have a small business (just a hobby) because I work 12 hour swing. I just started last year and things were slow, but I did find myself doing mostly paint corrections. I charged from $200-$250 and for some reason people would go for that. I have also been charging $100 for interiors. I hope to build up a maintenance program with the people I do paint corrections for and that should be plenty.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

yeah. i know what im worth. and frankly when i give work away im just not that into it. I need to get out of the midset of doing anything for business and just stick to my guns.

Let me know what you guys think of the site too...
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

You have a very nice web site and your prices are more than reasonable. I mean the shop where I used to work at, when I used to detail for a living, we would charge twice as much for daily drivers and lets not talk about show cars ...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice site,but Id say stick to your prices,you just need to tap into you target market.I dont detail for a living,but ppl dont realize its a lot of work.Some ppl are used to a quicky,thats cheap, fast,and doesnt last long so theyre back in no time,thats why they go to the car wash for a detail.Give it some time,target higher end customers,with deeper pockets,ask for referrals.If I did detail for money Id want to be compasated properly for my services,too.

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of tuff right now with the economy being the way it is . people are finding it harder to let go of their money.I know the end of last year i started to see a steady drop off and once the weather starts getting better i'll be able to see whether this is going to be a good or bad year.Hang in there things should improve.

Post Thanks / Like

I think people just don't understand how much time it takes to do some of these things. The person who called probably feels an automatic car wash is a better deal at $10 and taking 5 mins.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe your prices are more than fair. I am also currently in the process of getting my site built up and what not and I am trying to figure out my prices but if you know what your are worth and it is a side job then stick to it. Your prices are reasonable in my opinion. Educate your customers, I feel if you do that then they have no room to B****. If they do then as Waxgorilla said politely say no thanks. I believe water seeks its own level in that you will get what you deserve it just may take some time and a few as I call them "rain maker" clients who refer you to everyone they know.

Best of luck to you, I hope you find that "rain maker" client soon
    Jon
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

Real nice web site, Your pricing is fine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast