autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just launched my new website

Reflections Auto Detailing

Home

It's a work in progress, as I just completed it last night. I need more pics and I'm working on getting testimonials from recent clients. I may also make some slight tweaks to my pricing as I shop the competition. I also noticed that I didn't explain that I do most of my work from my garage, but can negotiate mobile work as needed.

Just for a frame of reference, this is the first year I've gotten insurance and will be treating it as a legal business for my summer income. I'm about to get a window decal for my car that will basically follow the color and font theme of the website.

I think I got the idea for the "small, medium, large; light, medium, heavy" concept from Joe of SuperiorShine. I really like having set prices, but still have the ability to bump up the price if it's covered in tar and sap, for instance.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just launched my new website

Before/After photos might be more effective if you have done some nasty vehicles as they would show what you can do with something that has been neglected as most cars are.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, the site address is "radetailing.com" but the contact email address is "redetailing.com" - seems odd to me.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Linux Reg. User #206357 (Feb. '99)
    "Can't get there from here."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Hmm, the site address is "radetailing.com" but the contact email address is "redetailing.com" - seems odd to me.

Regards,
    GEWB
    This is normal for most web sites. In fact I would guess the AG emails or @autogeek.net.

Anyway your site looks good and you prices look more then fair.

Good luck,
    Scott
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

"redetailing" was a type-o. Thanks for catching it! I will fix that tonight.

I tried to put the prices near other detail shops in the area that post their prices. There are some places that charge a lot more, but I don't have my name out yet. Keep in mind that a full exterior for me right now is basically a deep cleaning, and doesn't involve swirl removal. Just wash, clay and wax/sealant. Most of the work I did last year invloved extra buffing, including some compounding, and my exterior jobs were running about $200-340, the former being a midsize with a rotary and DA step inserted and the latter being a full size SUV with some compounding on some of the panels. Even at these prices, most people's eyes get really wide!

If anyone in the Minneapolis area thinks my prices are too low for what I'm doing (considering I'm new as a FT seasonal, insured business, but I've been serious for about 5-6 years) please let me know. I hate working too hard for my money.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, website looks pretty good. I live over in Plymouth!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! We should have an Autogeek hangout this summer in Minneapolis area.

I'm in Coon Rapids. Not many cool cars around here, but my wife is hooking me up with a Bentley from a guy at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnoraker View Post
    Sweet! We should have an Autogeek hangout this summer in Minneapolis area.

I'm in Coon Rapids. Not many cool cars around here, but my wife is hooking me up with a Bentley from a guy at work!
    As the owner of a pretty 'cool' Z-car I take offense to that last statement. Ever been to cars and coffee at motorplex? you would be surprised at the number of cool cars in our area. That said, the number of people willing to spend decent money on their cars is few, but they are out there.

Congrats on the site. I too agree that before and afters would be helpful. maybe even 50/50 shots. Good luck

pic of my car for reference:

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome man, my buddy has a friend who started an auto blog last year and he has got so many hits on his website that Porsche just let him test drive a new Panamera 4S last week!

I'm just starting to get heavy into detailing. I've always been big into cleaning my cars but never had proper technique or supplies. This past week I bought a lot of stuff including a PC. So i'm hoping this weekend (weather permitting, you know our MN weather) I can get out and get started.

By the way, what is your daily driver?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Zivman- no offense intended, but there is a big difference driving around SW metro vs. Coon Rapids! We're known for the most dead cars per household in the metro. Yikes! I'll have to get a picture of my cousin's ('73?) Datsun "Z" that I buffed out onto the website. My uncle dropped a Chevy 350, headers and exhaust into it.

Eric- Congrats on the PC. You'll love it.

I drive an '06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 5-speed manual (the one in my avatar). I have two kids, so no Z for me at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast