autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cash is king

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cash is king

You gotta take credit cards. Costco has a good deal, make sure to get a debit keypad with it, as debit is even cheaper. Having a credit card machine on hand can make or break a deal on a $1500 major paint correction job.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if my work is worth $1500 yet, but as of now, I ONLY accept cash and checks, though I do prefer cash for certain reasons. lol I won't say why out loud though. I just hope you can figure it out.

Eventually, if O.C.Detailing gets big enough to purchase a store-front, then I will definitely start taking Credit/debit cards for payment. I'll also charge bounced-check fees. So far so good on no bad checks though. Whew. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

In Ontario we are about to get hit with yet another 8% tax. Once that kicks in we are required to charge an additional 13% extra tax on everything, so I will not be surprised to see a lot of cash offers rather than debit or credit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gumbedamit View Post
    I know this post is a month old, but I came accross it just now. I am waitnig for the new iphone 4G before I go ahead and purchase this product. I know, you're saying what has this got to do with Wireless Credit Card payments. everything. There's a compnay called Square that you can get an "app" for the iphone that allows you to do CC transactions on your iphone, droid phone and many smart phones without having to get a merchant account. Check it out.

https://squareup.com/
    Have you used this service? It looks like a good one. I like fact that there are no fees
    David

Post Thanks / Like

There are CC readers for iphone which are pretty slick! I take credit cards. I put it on my business cards and usually they always pay through cc now.

you will be happy with squareup. its awesome! The only thing is that their information requirements with signup are questionable. Its worked very well for me though.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

they used to have an initial 700$/week limit. i dont know if its still there or not.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    Have you used this service? It looks like a good one. I like fact that there are no fees
    No, I've not used it yet, still waiting for my iphone. There is a fee, a percentage of the charge, not much. As soon as I get my phone, I'll order it. What I do like about it, there is no minimum that you have to have in the account and the hardware is free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gumbedamit View Post
    I know this post is a month old, but I came accross it just now. I am waitnig for the new iphone 4G before I go ahead and purchase this product. I know, you're saying what has this got to do with Wireless Credit Card payments. everything. There's a compnay called Square that you can get an "app" for the iphone that allows you to do CC transactions on your iphone, droid phone and many smart phones without having to get a merchant account. Check it out.

https://squareup.com/

Looks quick & convenient!! i would give it a try!
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like

A guy sent me this through email after i told hime iwasn't trynah deal with what he was offering me! I never tried it!

iPhone Payment App | VeriFone: PAYware Mobile iPhone Payments App
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12