How many of you know what an Elevator Speech is? In my Professional career, prior to getting into detailing, I was a Sr. Director/VP of Technical Support at several major software/hardware companies in Silicon Valley. Early on I learned to create an "Elevator speech" a 30 second summary of why a customer should choose my company because of the excellence of the support organization. Something that projects the absolute best of your company while in an elevator with a customer. Very little time and to the point.
I carried that over to my detailing business and use it on the phone when talking to a customer

You may need to practice but a 30 second speech about what makes you awesome over others, will be a winner. I have gotten a ton if business and many, many compliments from customers that said I made us look better than the competition because I could succinctly tell them what made a difference.

For instance customer calls in and is shopping around for pricing. My elevator speech goes like this:
We do what other detailers do(this instantly grabs their attention believe it or not, as it is more of a shock statement and not expected), but what separates us from the others is it takes us 6-8 hours to do a car we are that thorough. On the interior we do seat belts visors, headliner(we actually spot clean) and go where no other detailers go. On the exterior, we wash, clay and buff for shine enhancement and then apply the proper product(s) that maximizes what the manufacturer was trying to make happen with the paint ans shine and makes your car stand out.
Thoughts?