autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of Packages and Pricing

I just got done with a rough draft of pricing and packages and wanted to post it up for review. My name is 3Crowns Mobile Auto Detailing, hence the three different packages that I offer. A little background on the name, my father passed about 5 years ago and he was from Sweden, and came to the states after serving in the Swedish Army. He lived an amazing 67years in the states but always knew where home was. The 3 Crowns is the national emblem of Sweden and can be found in there coat of arms. So a little tribute for my father with my new business.

As some may know from my previous post, I am starting part time detailing and would like to keep the packages very simple as not to overwhelm the potential customer. My startup product list is not all that great in terms of polishers, so that is why you dont see any two step correction services on there yet. My only DA at the moment is PC7424XP paired with LC CCS pads (Orange, White, and Black). I figured that combo with the HD Speed I have would allow me to do decent One-steps. I also have ultimate compound and polish and didnt know if that paired with the PC7424XP would allow me to offer any two step with scratch, oxidation removal that is worthy of charging someone for. I hope to upgrade polishers after a few customers. Exterior wise, I also have Collinite #845 which I have reserved for my last package. Interior wise, I have a steamer and am looking at the Bissell Little Green Machine to add as well, just trying to see what kind of customer base I may start with.

For pricing, I am in the Oklahoma/Arkansas region, alot of trucks and mommy SUVS, not too many luxury vehicles, but there are some hidden around. With a lot of oil and gas companies fairly local, there is the potential for fleet work. There are several dealerships in town, and I haven't quite decided if im going to attempt that route seeing as though I am starting part time. If you guys have any suggestions or advice on pricing or product please let me know. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

The Single Crown- $60
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Wax
    Clean Wheels
    Dress Tires
    Wipe Door Jambs
    Quick Interior Wipe Down
    Clean Windows
    Vacuum
    Approx. 1-2hrs
    The Double Crown- $120
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Wax
    Clean Wheels / Wheel Wells
    Dress Tires
    Degrease and Clean Door Jambs
    Full Interior Wipe Down
    Clean and Dress all Trim
    Condition and Protect Leather
    Clean Headliner
    Steam Clean all interior surfaces and materials
    Clean and Protect Windows
    Approx. 2-4hrs

The Triple Crown- $160
    Double Crown package plus:
    Clay Bar Treatment
    Paint Prep Exterior Wipe Down
    One-Step Machine Polish
    Wax/Sealant Application
    Approx. 4-6hrs
    The Crown Fleet- $40:
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Clean Wheels
    Dress Tires
    Interior Wipe-Down
    Clean Windows
    Vacuum
    2 or more vehicles qualify for fleet pricing. Packageprice is per vehicle.
    Weekly or Bi-Weekly scheduling.
    Specialty services can be requested for individualvehicles within the package.

Specialty Services:
    Engine Bay Detail- $40
    Headlight Restoration- $60/pair

2. Likes sorehands, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Packages and Pricing

They're comparable to my prices, but they don't include any interior. Vacuum, dash, and windows are an additional $75-$100.

I've done plenty of correction jobs with the PC. A cut, polish and wax will take the better part of a day for me though. I will continue using the PC to do those jobs in the future too.

Consider that I work from home, and have virtually no overhead, where rent is a concern. In the summer I work here, and go mobile.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome name to your company
    I live in Sweden and did my military duty in the airforce. If you have more questions about Swedish history or want some translation for something. I'm happy to assist you if I can.

Good luck with your detailing business.

3 crowns = Tre Kronor
    Blue base with yellow crowns is the colors used on flags and such. The old flag of military weapon was blue base with a golden lion on it. If you at one point ad a package you could have the lion in mind to reference to Sweden

Regards
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Review of Packages and Pricing

Here in my country, the single crown package costs $8 - $10. But they all do sloppy jobs. Hence my decision to take care of my own car that led me to autogeek!

Sorry for the brief history.

And i like the way your company name and package names go hand in hand. Review of Packages and Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, i think you do not need the paint prep exterior wipe down in the triple crown package. I think the wax will bond properly even if you just wiped off the polish.

But i am not a professional, just want to share my opinion Review of Packages and Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with AKT about exterior wipe down especially at your prices. Unless you are giving them a guarantee for lsp durability go polish right wax. 845 has quite a bit of solvents in it so it will help breakdown and some will remove with the final buff. If you were using a synthetic wax or sealant then bonding would be an issue over polishing oils.
    My advice with production detailing minimal amount of steps needed to make the car look nice. I would AIO everything with a good cutting AIO like HD Speed. 2 steps in one right there. Then you can use an additional wax or sealant, one or two step corrections as upsells. The only thing I think that needs a final wipe down is if your doing a paint correction so you can see defects and a coating because paint needs to be defect free and surgically clean.
    I would also price interior detailing separate. The only thing I kick in for free is interior glass. You never know when you will get a family hauler for 4 kids and two dogs then your stuck to your pricing.
    I use a base pricing like package A $150- $250. I don't think it's fair to you to get paid the same to detail a ford fiesta and a ford excursion. Think about pricing like real estate the bigger the house in said market the more expensive.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

So keeping with offering the packages, do something along the lines of:

Package A: Interior only
    Package B: Exterior/Interior
    Package C: Exterior/Interior with AIO/Wax.

Package C would be the package to potentially upsell to as this would be the full 6-8hr detail job, thus pricing around $175-250.

Does it look right to do that, or would it be best to break up the packages even further?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AKT View Post
    By the way, i think you do not need the paint prep exterior wipe down in the triple crown package. I think the wax will bond properly even if you just wiped off the polish.

But i am not a professional, just want to share my opinion Review of Packages and Pricing
    And you would be... WRONG!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Crowns View Post
    I just got done with a rough draft of pricing and packages and wanted to post it up for review. My name is 3Crowns Mobile Auto Detailing, hence the three different packages that I offer. A little background on the name, my father passed about 5 years ago and he was from Sweden, and came to the states after serving in the Swedish Army. He lived an amazing 67years in the states but always knew where home was. The 3 Crowns is the national emblem of Sweden and can be found in there coat of arms. So a little tribute for my father with my new business.

As some may know from my previous post, I am starting part time detailing and would like to keep the packages very simple as not to overwhelm the potential customer. My startup product list is not all that great in terms of polishers, so that is why you dont see any two step correction services on there yet. My only DA at the moment is PC7424XP paired with LC CCS pads (Orange, White, and Black). I figured that combo with the HD Speed I have would allow me to do decent One-steps. I also have ultimate compound and polish and didnt know if that paired with the PC7424XP would allow me to offer any two step with scratch, oxidation removal that is worthy of charging someone for. I hope to upgrade polishers after a few customers. Exterior wise, I also have Collinite #845 which I have reserved for my last package. Interior wise, I have a steamer and am looking at the Bissell Little Green Machine to add as well, just trying to see what kind of customer base I may start with.

For pricing, I am in the Oklahoma/Arkansas region, alot of trucks and mommy SUVS, not too many luxury vehicles, but there are some hidden around. With a lot of oil and gas companies fairly local, there is the potential for fleet work. There are several dealerships in town, and I haven't quite decided if im going to attempt that route seeing as though I am starting part time. If you guys have any suggestions or advice on pricing or product please let me know. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

The Single Crown- $60
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Wax
    Clean Wheels
    Dress Tires
    Wipe Door Jambs
    Quick Interior Wipe Down
    Clean Windows
    Vacuum
    Approx. 1-2hrs
    The Double Crown- $120
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Wax
    Clean Wheels / Wheel Wells
    Dress Tires
    Degrease and Clean Door Jambs
    Full Interior Wipe Down
    Clean and Dress all Trim
    Condition and Protect Leather
    Clean Headliner
    Steam Clean all interior surfaces and materials
    Clean and Protect Windows
    Approx. 2-4hrs

The Triple Crown- $160
    Double Crown package plus:
    Clay Bar Treatment
    Paint Prep Exterior Wipe Down
    One-Step Machine Polish
    Wax/Sealant Application
    Approx. 4-6hrs
    The Crown Fleet- $40:
    Exterior Wash and Dry
    Clean Wheels
    Dress Tires
    Interior Wipe-Down
    Clean Windows
    Vacuum
    2 or more vehicles qualify for fleet pricing. Packageprice is per vehicle.
    Weekly or Bi-Weekly scheduling.
    Specialty services can be requested for individualvehicles within the package.

Specialty Services:
    Engine Bay Detail- $40
    Headlight Restoration- $60/pair

Have to timed yourself doing these packages? Doing quality work takes a lot more time that what you are listing. My wash and dry takes about 2 hours to do without any chemical or physical decontamination. Waxing is also lenghty especially when you need to give the wax time to haze. And for interiors, a good vacuum job takes at least 15 minutes if it's not dirty inside, windows about 20 mins and the wipedown depends how you do it but I doubt you can do a half decent job in less than 15 minutes. So I would say about an hour for the inside, and about 2.5 for the outside.... how do you do all this in 1 hour?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    And you would be... WRONG!
    Ok

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast