autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of changes to my Website (feedback appreciated)

Hi I made some significant changes to my website. I feel good about my changes, even though I plan on more improvements soon. One thing I have never asked you guys for is feedback on my website. So I am curious what you all think?

https://www.mirrorreflectionsautospa.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lots of changes to my Website (feedback appreciated)

Looks really good Rod, my only suggestion is maybe change out the picture of the yellow Vette in the about section. With the yellow background and white letters made it a bit difficult to read.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Neat and clean, but has some nice touches.

Only thing I'd suggestion and question is: under Services, where you talk about Paint Coatings, are you going to have a "Starting at" price line like the other services? It almost reads like if you buy the Paint Correction the Coating is included and not a separate price.
    Just how I read it. I don't want your customers to be confused and than mad there is an additional cost.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Even though your FB page shows some cars you're detailed, I'd like to see a gallery on your web page. I'm no English major, but you might have someone proofread your paragraph shown under the 'About' tab. I'm pretty sure there are some grammatical errors in there. Not being critical....just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Looks really good Rod, my only suggestion is maybe change out the picture of the yellow Vette in the about section. With the yellow background and white letters made it a bit difficult to read.
    I am absolutely changing that picture. I was struggling for an hour over sizing and fonts. That should have been a sign to listen to my inner voice that said 'bad combination'.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Very nice. Neat and clean, but has some nice touches.

Only thing I'd suggestion and question is: under Services, where you talk about Paint Coatings, are you going to have a "Starting at" price line like the other services? It almost reads like if you buy the Paint Correction the Coating is included and not a separate price.
    Just how I read it. I don't want your customers to be confused and than mad there is an additional cost.
    Thank you. I can definently be clear with the communication on that.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Even though your FB page shows some cars you're detailed, I'd like to see a gallery on your web page. I'm no English major, but you might have someone proofread your paragraph shown under the 'About' tab. I'm pretty sure there are some grammatical errors in there. Not being critical....just my .02
    No problem, I am happy you did. I thought my spell check was accurate, then it just occurred I did the last minute 'I don't like that' edit that I need to be more careful with.

I had a gallery, but took it away in favor of better SEO. Since I am a little more experienced, I will reintroduce a gallery section.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it Rod! Nice improvements. I really just took a quick glance at all of your pages and the only typo i noticed was "a estimate" needs to be changed to " an estimate" when you refer to the required visual inspection.

Other than that it looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

* headlight restoration 50$?! , just to tape around the headlight and sandpaper cost more.....
    * a lot of "empty" /gray space on your site.... don`t be afraid to add color, and people like to see cars....
    * big words and not backed up by an gallery page...
    * on the first page i would switch the pictures, the car first , than the one with the person.
    * if you plan extend your business, i would not focus the site on you ,but on the whole "picture" / "We"
    * lack of "contact" info , customers should be able to find you contact on any page, easy access....
    * "Maintenance wash options are provided for customers who purchase a Paint Correction package." , you are loosing huge $$$$ money here....
    * This "Optional budget friendly maintenance exterior add on." sounds like open door to discounts .....

imagine you have an classic, or exotic , or a few cars , and you just landed on your site.... that may help you get ideas...
    good luck !
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly familiar with website structure and what good seo looks like. Not knocking you but you are a long ways away from that site generating any serious amount of traffic. Best thing you can do is to hire it out if you want your phone to ring from it. I had a pro do my site and I could waddle through it if I needed to.

Post Thanks / Like

Might I suggest a plugin for firefox called "page title for url bar"

Examining page titles is pretty important when learning seo on your own. Take a look at these website's home page, page titles and compare them with yours.

Home Remodeling in Dayton Ohio | Basement Remodeling
    Harrisburg Pennsylvania Remodeling Contractor ? Harrisburg PA Remodeling Contractor
    Massachusetts Masonry Company, Fireplaces, Brick Repairs, Chimneys, Lancaster, MA ? Masonry Contractor

Generally speaking you dont want to necissarily use your company name in your page title. Your page title is the first thing people see in their internet search and it has to answer the question they have, their reason for being on google. An auto detailer that lives near them is the first question they are looking for an answer for.

You should know that is get pretty complicated once you start adding schema markup for various things, https security, interlinking your pages, expanding your services to a dedicated page, correct alt tags ect.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only looked at the opening page but this stands out to me:

I am a detailer that you can trust to bring your car to show room like. I know what you mean here but it makes no sense. How about.......bring your car to show room condition or something similar?
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast