autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Tricks for gaining new clientele

Hi there everyone, just was hoping to get some opinions on an idea that was thrown around.

Background: I've been detailing on a semi-pro level for a few years now, (Semi pro in that it isn't my primary income year round) and I have recently relocated to a larger city about 75 miles from where I was living. I've been here a few months but haven't been able to get much of any sort of clientele built up in this area. My pricing is within the averages for the region, and as a 100% mobile operation I only have 2 or 3 competitors offering the same service.

The Idea that has been thrown around by my business partner is offering a sort of commission for locals. Essentially giving some local guys and gals some brochures and cards and offering to give them a % back from any business they bring in. It's a sort of cheesy craigslist-scam sounding deal, but I'm starting to get a tad desperate.

Any experience with this sort of offering would be appreciated, or just any sort of advice on gaining clientele in a totally foreign area would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You in Advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tricks for gaining new clientele

each marketing campaign is different. you have to try and see what works for you , for your location , for your services, is the only way.
    also look for articles related with marketing, online marketing , local forms of marketing....
    you may have to get out there and knock some doors
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Try putting your cards on local business counters, of course with permission. I buy my own card holders and ask that only my cards go in them, most have been cooperative, be bold.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Its very time sensitive to build from scratch.you said your mobile so start washing cars for a premium price like 59.00 and do the best job.That would be the fast track to get customers. I was never into social media or even had a website for years.I created a page and document my work daily.My very first hit was a bailsbonds owner.I boosted 20.00 in return for 3k.I test FB even though I don't need it and got 3 calls last week.I told the guy im busy till end of may and he said he will wait.Cards are good but be different meaning spend some money on brochures.These are what catches the eye not a run of the mill small card.Nice brochures set you apart from the rest and people will be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

The downside is you're partime and trying to connect with clients scheduling can be frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a customers car the other week and he told me about a lawn maintenance company that approached him shortly after his development was built. He's the first house at the main entrance of a fairly large development and directly across from a middle school that has several sports fields there.

The lawn care guy offered to do his yard for two years for free in return for allowing him to put a real estate style sign with his info on it in his front yard. He allowed it and after the lawn man said he picked over 50 customers in his neighborhood from it.

This has me thinking about offering something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

So I offer a free basic detail to my clients with 5 recommendation​s. I get most of my new clients from that but also spend about $20 a month for fb and IG ads which bring me a good amount. I'm already booked up until June 25th so people are more then happy to wait for quality work and even have a list of "stand by" clients Incase I get a cancellation.

I also like to give back so do free details for spouses of deployed military members or local police and fire fighters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    The downside is you're partime and trying to connect with clients scheduling can be frustrating.
    I've actually turned that into a benefit with mobile work. I'm typically at my day job at the same time clients are. I work on their cars when they are at home in the evenings and weekends (bigger correction and coating jobs still come to me). But I can sell it as the convenience of not needing to get a ride to work or be without their car. Not worrying if I will be done in time so they can pick up the kids from school or day care. It's very uncommon here to detail a car at someone's office, so it works to my advantage.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I also like to give back so do free details for spouses of deployed military members or local police and fire fighters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Way cool of you!
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea. High priced washes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast