autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tricks for gaining new clientele

I would suggest that you take your business card and flyers and start handing them out, why pay someone else for something you can do in your time? I think it was here that I read someone say to hand your business card to anyone within 5 feet of you.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So I offer a free basic detail to my clients with 5 recommendation​s. I get most of my new clients from that but also spend about $20 a month for fb and IG ads which bring me a good amount. I'm already booked up until June 25th so people are more then happy to wait for quality work and even have a list of "stand by" clients Incase I get a cancellation.

I also like to give back so do free details for spouses of deployed military members or local police and fire fighters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I give back as well this year I have done 4 vehicles from cancer victims in bad shape.They called cause they need to sell there car fast for cash and they can no longer drive.When you do a service probono its the best feeling in the world and it will come back to you now or years from now.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Automotive View Post
    Hi there everyone, just was hoping to get some opinions on an idea that was thrown around.

Background: I've been detailing on a semi-pro level for a few years now, (Semi pro in that it isn't my primary income year round) and I have recently relocated to a larger city about 75 miles from where I was living. I've been here a few months but haven't been able to get much of any sort of clientele built up in this area. My pricing is within the averages for the region, and as a 100% mobile operation I only have 2 or 3 competitors offering the same service.

The Idea that has been thrown around by my business partner is offering a sort of commission for locals. Essentially giving some local guys and gals some brochures and cards and offering to give them a % back from any business they bring in. It's a sort of cheesy craigslist-scam sounding deal, but I'm starting to get a tad desperate.

Any experience with this sort of offering would be appreciated, or just any sort of advice on gaining clientele in a totally foreign area would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You in Advance!
    No one quoted your initial thread that I saw, so maybe thats why you haven't responded to the feedback given so far lol. Maybe this notification will pop up in your email.

Anyway, here's my input on what works for me. I don't offer a % back, but I do offer a $25 credit per referral and if one of my high end clients (customer who had correction and CQuartz Finest applied in my case) refers someone to me who ALSO has correction and a coating done, I give them $100 cash back or credit towards a detail (whichever they prefer).

Now, I've crunched my own #'s and have determined I can afford to do this based on my prices (so be sure you do that first).

Some have advised handing out your cards to anyone with hands basically - and thats obviously one approach. For me, I'm very big with online presence and making sure whoever leaves my shop (though I use to be mobile) leaves with something. By something I mean - a sense of appreciation or fulfillment - a sense or pride in their reconditioned vehicle - a sense of flash for those who live for their cars. This usually comes from conversation with the owner. Doesn't work with everyone but, most of my clients are "car people" and so when we start talking cars, things get exciting for us both lol. You're dealing with people on an emotional level at this point and thats what you want.

You will then be able to construct in your mind your "ideal client"....you'll know them right away after talking with them. They don't just like how you clean a car, they like YOU. They want to help you, promote you, encourage you and be a part in any way in helping you succeed. THESE are the ones you really want to focus on. Ask their thoughts about your business - discuss your goals with them and ask them questions like the one you initially posted. Listen to their feedback and weigh it against your own thoughts. You may be surprised what you end up coming up with.

This is just something I've found that helps. It's only one piece of the puzzle. Pictures, website, social media, REVIEWS (ASK for them, dont just wait for them to happen), networking, website SEO, business profiles. All these things play into getting new clients.

"Know, Like, Trust - Try, Buy, Repeat and Refer". This is from a book called Duct Tape Marketing which has more info than I've personally been able to comprehend thus far lol. But that "order" is a good thing to go by. Your "ideal" client should fit all of those. First the know of you, eventually like and trust you. This takes place before ANY money is exchanged. Then eventually they try your service (something small), then move up to buying a serious service....and finally they bring you repeat business and refer you.

Sorry for all the blabbing...lol
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12