autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Detailer, New Website. Need feedback

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the detailing industry and am launching a business soon. I've learned a lot on these forums so I would like to say thank you.

I'm in the process of creating a website and would appreciate some feedback. It's a work in progress, and eventually will be hosted. I feel like most of the core material is on there such as the menu and about sections, but forgive me for anything that is missing (the home page is empty).

website deleted

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Detailer, New Website. Need feedback

I like it....straight and to the point. Maybe add a referral bonus for existing customers in the 'fine print' section

Post Thanks / Like

Yes looks nice and pricing seems on target.just avoid carwashing don't get yourself caught up in that no money maker.

Post Thanks / Like

A website is a work in progress and will develop over time. Specifically as you grow and gain more experience and hone your business.
    Make sure you at least have a business plan on what it is you will do, and filter out what it is you don't want to do.
    Price accordingly, look at other websites of competitor deatilers in your area. (this is why the former statements have to be developed first)...

When it comes to pictures, please use your own... Many new sites contain stock photo's that are 1.) cars never worked on by you; 2.) Cars that don't meet client expectations; 3.) don't show the quality of your own work.

An example of point #2 is, if you put a Bugatti Chiron as your splash photo, and most folks in your GEO/Economy area don't drive 3.2 million dollar cars... they may be put off by your web-site.

That's my 30 second rant on websites... It's marginal advice, but free!

p.s. Welcome to AGO! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I get more hits on fb on daily drivers than say a multimillion dollar car.Trying to put average cars on there,but the downside to fb is that you get calls and people expect or want to pay 75.00 to 90.00.So I laid out my pricing on estimation to weed out the cheap crowd.This week I have 10 Harley's to detail so I can now reach the motorcycle crowd.Id rather do bikes over cars .

Post Thanks / Like

my website is live now. Thanks for all of the input.

Post Thanks / Like

paul, thanks for the response.

I have yet to construct a formal business plan but have been meaning to do so. What is the best reason in doing this? I have also yet to go to the city to obtain my business license, insurance, and regulation permits (I think they will be harsh here in Cali). But I think I read somewhere that to obtain a business license, the city or state will want to see your business plan. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    A website is a work in progress and will develop over time. Specifically as you grow and gain more experience and hone your business.
    Make sure you at least have a business plan on what it is you will do, and filter out what it is you don't want to do.
    Price accordingly, look at other websites of competitor deatilers in your area. (this is why the former statements have to be developed first)...

When it comes to pictures, please use your own... Many new sites contain stock photo's that are 1.) cars never worked on by you; 2.) Cars that don't meet client expectations; 3.) don't show the quality of your own work.

An example of point #2 is, if you put a Bugatti Chiron as your splash photo, and most folks in your GEO/Economy area don't drive 3.2 million dollar cars... they may be put off by your web-site.

That's my 30 second rant on websites... It's marginal advice, but free!

p.s. Welcome to AGO! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't thought of this yet. I will be adding a maintenance detailing package eventually though.
    Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I like it....straight and to the point. Maybe add a referral bonus for existing customers in the 'fine print' section

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperbShineDetail View Post
    paul, thanks for the response.

I have yet to construct a formal business plan but have been meaning to do so. What is the best reason in doing this?
    There is no hard and fast rule that states you have to do this, but putting up a shingle and saying "here I am" is usually the start and end to most business.

There are some on-line boiler plates that probably don't apply to Detailers, but I'm sure you can come up with at least 5 to 7 attributes that need to be defined
    Most banks will like this sort of report, especially if you want to carry a business line of credit (not a business credit card, but an actual line of cash you can withdraw or cut checks from) for "big" purchases... or expenses if things are slow.

1.) Summary of the business (overall summary)
    2.) Business Description / Mission Statement / Vision Statement
    3.) Market - who are your clients? Mike Phillips talks about this in his book and posts here on the forum. Market to your clientele.
    4.) Organization - Who's the owner, who are the workers (employees or contractors).
    5.) What's your plan to get sales
    6.) Funding - How are you going to buy "stuff" for the business and where is that money going to come from.
    7.) Funding Requirements - Stock levels, how much APC do you go through; in other words how much on a monthly basis does it cost to maintain the business.
    8.) Profit & Loss - If you spend 30K a year in stuff, and take in 20K in revenue... Your shingle will be coming down.

When I started, I probably didn't do all 8 things above, but I came close and I work with a business advisor / IRS enrolled agent. Certainly when I went to my business bank asking for $$$$, handing them a finely polished business plan was appreciated, so much so, they actually gave me cash, which is as good as money!

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I could use some feed back as well Reflective Auto Detailing - Car Detailing Kitchener-Waterloo | Reflective Auto Detailing thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast