autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Rig. What to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by OTSDetail View Post
    For the time being, I actually decided to build a trailer to store water and a gen/PW. I attached a picture below. As stated above, very rarely do I do more than 1 vehicle at a time so a 35 gallon tank should be fine. I've never used that much on any complete detail in my life. But I guess it's all in what you sell/upsell. For all of my normal correction details (for the time being anyways), I still get people to bring their cars to me. Just easier that way since I'm not lugging around everything. This will mainly just be for the standard wash/wax, maintenance washes, and things where I wont be needing a whole lot of anything. It's a cheap start and should work well I think. Always room to upgrade later should I need to. It's, obviously, still a work in progress but in about 2 weeks or so it should be complete with branding and all that jazz.

Becareful over bumps that looks real bouncy and light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Becareful over bumps that looks real bouncy and light.
    Watched plenty of videos and read reviews about it. everyone says its rides nice. it should be around 6-700lbs loaded so it shouldnt bounce around. even when empty it shouldnt too much. it weighs about 180 as it sits now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I have had the same HF generator give me issues on several occasions.

My Honda one works like a champ. It is worth the money for the reliability of it.
    I do agree. I plan on getting the honda 160 (as stated previously) super reliable system and all that jazz. People swear by the Predator, but I'm not sold on it. The only reason I'd get that is because its suitable size but still would probably end up getting the 160. Just a way better gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Transit Connect, 1st gen is the way to go. I drive one at work and they are bullett proof. I'm sure you can find one with 100k for under $10K if you look.

We also have 3 HHR panels, 105K to 201K and if you covered the odometer you couldn't tell which was which. Not as much room in these as the Transit Connect but it's also a little better on gas. My TC gets anywhere from 25 to 29 mpg in mixed driving, less now in the winter ofocarse. The 2.3L engine in the 1st gen has been around forever, no issues there. Can't say we've had any major problems with our 2 but the older one dropped a cylinder at 176K but that was before I got there. They change the oil every 10K with Peak syn and I remember over 4 years ago getting there the current oil change went 18K, that doesn't happen anymore!

Good luck to you and your business and one more thing, the TC uses particular tires due to load rating, not expensive but you need to know what's going on your van and/or what's on it already. It takes 40 psi in the front and 49 psi in the rear.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    1st gen transit connect is what I've always wanted since they first came out... although I hear when fully loaded a lot of people complain about them being grossly underpowered.. which I could agree with making sub 200hp weighing over 4k when full loaded. I'd love a new ecoboost one but I don't like the looks as much and they are well out of my price range.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that's gonna be a liability looks to light and one good bump is all it takes becareful.

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree. I plan on getting the honda 160 (as stated previously) super reliable system and all that jazz. People swear by the Predator, but I'm not sold on it. The only reason I'd get that is because its suitable size but still would probably end up getting the 160. Just a way better gen.

1st gen transit connect is what I've always wanted since they first came out... although I hear when fully loaded a lot of people complain about them being grossly underpowered.. which I could agree with making sub 200hp weighing over 4k when full loaded. I'd love a new ecoboost one but I don't like the looks as much and they are well out of my price range.
    Fully loaded with water 60 mph people will blow horns and cut you off.On the lookout for a Nissan nv 2000 used.parts for transits are out of control.Buy a foreign van more reliable.Ive bought over 120000 in new econolines and one diesel f250.They simply don't last and start giving you problems at or around 50k.The worst one I had was a brand e350 diesel at 37k the trans and ac broke.If you look around there are a lot of hino trucks out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Fully loaded with water 60 mph people will blow horns and cut you off.On the lookout for a Nissan nv 2000 used.parts for transits are out of control.Buy a foreign van more reliable.Ive bought over 120000 in new econolines and one diesel f250.They simply don't last and start giving you problems at or around 50k.The worst one I had was a brand e350 diesel at 37k the trans and ac broke.If you look around there are a lot of hino trucks out there.
    I've been contemplating picking up a rare JDM suv/truck and using it as a detailing vehicle. Would be pretty cool I think. Being a car guy, I'd love to have something RHD and rare, and it would also serve a practical purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Just becareful always remember that little trailer is hooked to you at all times.

Post Thanks / Like

Like a Datsun 620?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember this one from J's garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been contemplating picking up a rare JDM suv/truck and using it as a detailing vehicle. Would be pretty cool I think. Being a car guy, I'd love to have something RHD and rare, and it would also serve a practical purpose.
    Good idea. A lot of those older models are low on power just make sure it can pull your trailer/stop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast