autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much to coat rims

How much do you charge or would you charge to clean and coat a set of rims? Friends have said $25 a rim but im not sure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much to coat rims

Coat with what? Are the wheels on or off the vehicle?

Do you have: a lift? air brush? IR curing lamp?

I don't see much profit for you at $25 per wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

On the car and I'm thinking PBL, so should I charge more? And have 2 prices one for coated on and one for coated off(whole rim)

Post Thanks / Like

That could be a tricky one,I would say a flat rate of maybe 150 to 180 off the car.On the car depending on wheel type tops 30.00 a wheel.It really depends on how much the customer is willing to pay for such a service,and how important it is to them to treat the wheels.coatings are not cheap and you will probably dis guard a few micros.If it were me I would go for wheels off and charge more.make sure if you do that must have torque wrench and specs.

Post Thanks / Like

For us it's an hour a wheel. $400.00 to pull, degrease, prep, coat, reapply. We coat with Opti-Coat Pro
    Charging $25 is just ridiculous. Do it for free instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    For us it's an hour a wheel. $400.00 to pull, degrease, prep, coat, reapply. We coat with Opti-Pro.
    Charging $25 is just ridiculous. Do it for free instead.
    love ny.here in south fla it would be extremely hard to get that.fla and ny 2 completely different worlds.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe contemplating on moving back.the wife is sick and I don't have family here.went there in 2010 to visit and ended up working instead.I didn't even want to come back to fla.made almost 5500 in three weeks and all that business came from the number on the truck as I'm mobile.Winters are little scary,but I think there are ways to keep busy during those times will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Maybe contemplating on moving back.the wife is sick and I don't have family here.went there in 2010 to visit and ended up working instead.I didn't even want to come back to fla.made almost 5500 in three weeks and all that business came from the number on the truck as I'm mobile.Winters are little scary,but I think there are ways to keep busy during those times will see.
    The business is here if you want it. I do this as a hobby and have more work than I know what to do with. If people aren't willing to wait then I have to turn them down as politely as possible of course. It's not Flordia that's for sure, but we also probably don't have as many high end detailers either. There's a lot of $$ in mobile washes here. That's a niche that is really untapped.

Post Thanks / Like

We charge $25/wheel to coat wheel faces only with wheels still installed on car.
    We charge $75/wheel to remove wheels, clean wheel wells & brakes, coat wheel barrels and faces, and coat calipers.

Most of the coating application is done via airbrush. Coating wheels on the car takes just 10 minutes and we use less than 10 mL of product in most cases (so less than $8 in product cost)... easy money when you've got the right tools

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    The business is here if you want it. I do this as a hobby and have more work than I know what to do with. If people aren't willing to wait then I have to turn them down as politely as possible of course. It's not Flordia that's for sure, but we also probably don't have as many high end detailers either. There's a lot of $$ in mobile washes here. That's a niche that is really untapped.
    I here you,on a another note I would refrain from washing even at 50.00 a car factor in everything,and its barely profitable.mobile was the key to my success there.I would literally hand out 20 cards a day just getting coffee at dunkin.Before I left to return to fla I had 7 cars to do in ridge field ct I couldn't get to.If I can pickup some big fleet washing like Poland spring trucks and etc,I could easily make 100 k there a year.The off set is the cost of living there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast