autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing Seat's and Carpet. .

Never... I do not remove anything. A Metro-Vac with all the attachments, plus tornador, plus hot-water-carpet extractor can do a fantastic job.
    I even have the long flexible attachment for the metro vac. There isn't a place we can't get to in a car, SUV or Jeep.

Seats now days connect into the airbag safety system, there is also environmental in the seats along with power.... As Guyb stated, you'd be liable if that airbag weight sensor system wasn't reconnected properly.

I am a detailer, not an ASE Certified mechanic, I do not remove parts from peoples vehicles, that includes wheels...

If the vehic is really that bad that equipment has to be removed, I'll pass on the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Seat's and Carpet. .

Alright. From someone who works on cars a fair bit and has removed my own seats, custom wired new seats, etc. Its not worth pulling them out. So what if there are a few stains underneath. No one will ever see them unless they take them out. In which case they can give you a call and you can clean up the area. If anyones extremely concerned with a seat airbag going off, disconnect the battery. The connections are never rocket science, just plugged into sockets. If you had to clean under the seats, you wouldn't need to disconnect the cables. Simply unbolt the seat, prop it up while still plugged in, and clean away. With airtools itd take you 5 minutes to unbolt and rebolt the seats. Conclusion, not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

8-10 cars a week and they take you 3-4 days each????????????? How do you do that math? I am not doubting you but asking you what that looks like in a 7 day week fitting in 24+ days work (or 12 days x 2 guys) into 7 days.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Is that $300 for interior, or $300 for everything? Cause.... 3 to 4 days. 8 hours per person. 16 hours x 3 = 48 hours. So you make a whole $6.25 an hour excluding expenses.? Sounds like fun.
    PurdyDetail.com
    Shine | Reflection | Protection
    Servicing, Montreal, and North Shore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12