autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

$10,000 Detail curious

$10,000 detail could one find 30 people to do it in the USA....Just a thought....What's your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $10,000 Detail curious

Quote Originally Posted by Detailingtime View Post
    $10,000 detail

could one find 30 people to do it
    in the USA....

Just a thought....What's your thoughts?
    For sure:
    There's probably way more than 30
    people in the USA that can do all that
    entails a "$10,000 detail".

However...
    One problem that might arise, is:
    finding 30 or more people willing to
    pay for, (what some may call): such an
    obscene price for a glorified car wash.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I meant 30 people willing to pay for it.....So is there 300 in your state who would pay $500 a month to have their car detailed? In my state there is 26,900,000 people 300 hmmm I don't know...Just thinking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailingtime View Post
    I meant 30 people willing to pay for it.....So is there 300 in your state who would pay $500 a month to have their car detailed? In my state there is 26,900,000 people 300 hmmm I don't know...Just thinking
    I'm not sure I understand where your thinking is going or has come from on this? Where has the idea of 30 or 300 people paying $10000.00 for a detail come from?

Post Thanks / Like

$10,000 Detail curious

I'd like to find 30 people willing to pay me $100 per month to... And you're thinking what? $10,000 eh?

1 of my brothers is a pilot.. He flies a G3 [or G4 I can't remember exactly, nor do I remember the ballpark figure for how much he said his boss payed for the plane but my goodness it was crazy expensive. Millions.] So my 1st thought was how are you going to come up with your start up money to pay for the jet you're going to need to be flying in to meet your $10,000 detail clients on a day to day basis? Lol.

Paying that much means they're likely to be across state lines unless you're in California, and even then... A single engine Cessna aint gonna cut it, bud. You're gonna need big bucks! Lol.

It's funny, my brother's been to Superbowl for the past 5-6yrs. or so... But he only gets a nice free hotel stay nearby out of it, not a ticket to watch it live. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I'd like to find 30 people willing to pay me $100 per month to... And you're thinking what? $10,000 eh?

1 of my brothers is a pilot.. He flies a G3 [or G4 I can't remember exactly, nor do I remember the ballpark figure for how much he said his boss payed for the plane but my goodness it was crazy expensive. Millions.] So my 1st thought was how are you going to come up with your start up money to pay for the jet you're going to need to be flying in to meet your $10,000 detail clients on a day to day basis? Lol.

Paying that much means they're likely to be across state lines unless you're in California, and even then... A single engine Cessna aint gonna cut it, bud. You're gonna need big bucks! Lol.

It's funny, my brother's been to Superbowl for the past 5-6yrs. or so... But he only gets a nice free hotel stay nearby out of it, not a ticket to watch it live. Lol.
    Probably $20-40 million these days haha. I was a flight engineer on a G4 for a few years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    Probably $20-40 million these days haha. I was a flight engineer on a G4 for a few years
    Yea that sort of sounds kind of like what it must of been... All I know is when he told me how much it cost it went waay over my head. [which is why I can't even remember exactly] lol. And then he said "and the G3 is the Old 1! The brand new G6 [I believe that's what he told me about] is waay more expensive. And then comes all the money it costs to maintain and own it year round. My mind was blown._.

Come to think about it, I should look into detailing that dudes cars! Me and my brother need to quit talking about sports and start talking turkey. Lol.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That kind of money the car would have to be like 500k plus and re paint is out of the question.

Actually if you think about it 10k is quite a deal on priceless cars.

Think about a Ferrari F50 with original paint, that is hammered with swirls and scratches, getting a car that prestigious repainted is out of the question, so if a rich owner seen what we can do as detailers and make the paint almost 100% defect free, are services are worth much more than 10k to that particular person to that particular car.

Paul Dalton from Miracle Detail charges about that for his 61 step detail process and works on some of the most prestigious cars in the world.

Those services might sound Ludacris to daily drivers or heck even a 100k car, but when you get into the really rare exotic cars that can't be repainted our services are actually priceless if you really think about it.

Gosh I love detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at it this way someone who owns a murcialago can spend about $2000 for an oil change and about $4000 for spark plugs (according to the internet) then a 100% full correction and over all full recon in and out for $10,000 bucks isn't all that crazy I guess

Post Thanks / Like

SELECT Just THINKING didn't say I was going to do it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast