autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Web Hosting Services For Web Site.

If you are looking for hosting service in India then there is nothing to get worry. Innovative Hosting Corporation is one of best provider of hosting service. However, used to provide different hosting service like VPS, Dedicated Server, Reseller and Shared Hosting. It even used to provide incredible support and service. You will definitely get service which are provided by hosting service provider. However, used to provide better support and services. So what are you looking for just get the service.

<a href="https://www.innovativehostingcorp.com">Dedicated Server</a>

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Were looking for someone that used to speak english

Post Thanks / Like

Had Arvixe which was initially good, but like many web hosts (bluehost, godaddy, etc) was bought out by EIG. EIG literally decimates all hosting companies, it's quite disgusting. My Arvixe experience plummeted in terms of CS & overall care, my website was losing business from being down.

For anyone willing to build/start a website do the following:

1) Go on Web Hosting Talk Forum, search for deals on basic/shared/VPS/reseller hosting, whatever you think you need.
    2) Re check to see how good offers are, and which companies have a loyal/good customer service rating. Ideally you want to be able to email/private message known customer service members that hover on the board. This is reassurance you actually have a worthwhile company.
    3) Get your domain from namecheap or some 3rd party site so YOU OWN IT. Do not buy into "Forever Domain Management", that's just short form for your web hosting company holding your money.
    4) Sign up, get your hosting company, and use an Uptime Website. They are free and show you how reliable your website hosting is performing.

It was a nightmare releasing the domain/hosting properly. You cannot afford to have downtime on your website. Don't cheap out on hosting, the difference is probably $50-100 per year for basic websites. If you have huge volumes of traffic then I'm sure your web management company will have this all covered. Websites are by far the best marketing per money IMO, just pay a tiny bit more and have a reliable functioning website. I currently use StableHost.com, very reasonable (even under unlimited bandwidth, which is another issue in terms of basic hosting for your money, but that's another topic) and great service.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I like Word Press and wix.com. Been designing my site for the past few weeks now. Once I purchase the domain name, I will throw it out here for critiquing. What I am liking about wix, is the ability to edit in mobile site design and not affect your desktop version of your site. IMO, more people are using smart phones, than desktops to search information.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wix.com - SEO is fairly easy and can be done on a page by page basis - also the SEO wizard on their is a pretty good tool, I do wish they had a pure html/css/ advanced developer mode that you could switch to if you want to go a bit deeper into coding. I haven't been able to locate that feature if they do lol.

@RonAlv which cable company do you work for? Charter?

I work for the #1 most hated cable/ telecom company in the US lol
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I use Wix.com - SEO is fairly easy and can be done on a page by page basis - also the SEO wizard on their is a pretty good tool, I do wish they had a pure html/css/ advanced developer mode that you could switch to if you want to go a bit deeper into coding. I haven't been able to locate that feature if they do lol.

@RonAlv which cable company do you work for? Charter?

I work for the #1 most hated cable/ telecom company in the US lol
    You guessed it on the Cable Co. Use to be Time Warner. I work on fiber optics and switch network systems. Cisco and Juniper gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Yola is nice ..free so good for someone starting out, then just upgrade o a real hosting site when you start o get some traffic
    I used o just make my pages in dream Weaver then copy/paste it into the Yola html mode
    I may try wix out for my new site, looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Yola is nice ..free so good for someone starting out, then just upgrade o a real hosting site when you start o get some traffic
    I used o just make my pages in dream Weaver then copy/paste it into the Yola html mode
    I may try wix out for my new site, looks good
    Have not used Dream Weaver in years. I like wix now I have the hang of it.

Post Thanks / Like

i used godaddy for domain and bluehost for the hosting. Bluehost works well with wordpress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonAlv View Post
    Found wix.com this morning and so far I am really liking it. Pretty easy to build, but on some features, you have to think a little outside the box, but overall, I give it a thumbs up.
    i dont like you have to upgrade to a premium plan to be able to redirect your elsewhere purchased domain name..
    if i knew id keep the server down the line it wouldnt be a big deal..but i know i'll probably end up with Ehost
    also if you ever decide to change hosts for one reason or another, theres no way of extracting the web code to transfer to new host that im seeing in the free package anyways..

weebly is same way..need to upgrade to repoint youre elsewhere purchased domain

Yola, Squarespace, and Jimdo seem to let you while retaining free site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast