autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Credit Card???

Post Thanks / Like

Credit Card???

Alot of us order our chemicals and supplies from AutoGeek online. I have a credit card through my credit union right now and debating on getting something like a United mileage plus card. Looking for some other suggestions and input on this. Im spending the money so I might as well get benefits.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Credit Card???

We have the united (old continental) Presidential Plus card. I think we get 1 mile/$ and club access. We fly just enough to make the club portion worth it, especially with the kiddos.

If I were to do it over again, I'd probably do something with Hilton. The Disney card is kind of joke on rewards and we only go about every 2 years or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotcha. Hilton card is a good option, I will probably look at Marriott also.

Post Thanks / Like

the gf had the united and switched to the southwest when they were offering 50,000 points for purchases. I guess it depends on what if you're going to use the flights or not. I just have a basic Costco Amex nut thats going away.

Post Thanks / Like

Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great all-round card to consider if you're not loyal to one hotel brand or one airline. 50,000 point bonus when signing up (have to spend $4k in the first 3 months, i think).

Post Thanks / Like

You should consider a credit card with a low to no annual fee, that offers "real" benefits you can use.

For instance, if you travel a lot then consider a rewards card with free hotel visits or possibly flight miles. Also consider if you are paying for the initial reward offered thru annual reoccurring fee's. You should only use credit cards for convenience , you should be able to pay it off monthly to avoid all interest. You also need to consider a credit card in which you have a healthy credit limit (most of it which you wont and don't use) and one that you will keep for a very long time. When credit cards are used properly you can build a great credit history, and be rewarded for its use and receive safety over cash/check use.

Ex: 25000.00 spent annually at Autogeek = 1% cash back = 250.00 to use for additional purchases. 2% = 500.00 cash back

Now if you plan to keep an outstanding balance most of the time, and I don't suggest it due to high rates, consider giving up any rewards and benefits for the lowest absolute rate. There are plenty of sites online that offer these different benefits in form design to measure what works best in your environment.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Amazon Store CC through Visa and I get 3% at Amazon, 2% on food and gas, and 1% everywhere else. I order a lot on Amazon so this is the best option for me.