autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Price list...

Post Thanks / Like

Price list...

Hey guys I'm having to make a price list for customers to reference. The thing is I'm not offering full interior details at this point since I don't have compressed air nor a steamer or an extractor. I'm reaching out to maybe get some help with prices I should charge. These are the services I'm capable of offering. Full 3 step paint correction/ AIO correction/ claybar and wax or sealant/ engine detail/ I can do thorough vacuuming and soon will be able to offer someone of carpet and upholstery cleaning with a brush and cleaner/ interior vinyl cleaning and protection/ leather cleaning and conditioning/ also will be offering Headlight restoration shortly. I live in a wealthy area but just not sure of how to price services. Any help would be awesome y'all.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price list...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
    Hey guys I'm having to make a price list for customers to reference. The thing is I'm not offering full interior details at this point since I don't have compressed air nor a steamer or an extractor. I'm reaching out to maybe get some help with prices I should charge. These are the services I'm capable of offering. Full 3 step paint correction/ AIO correction/ claybar and wax or sealant/ engine detail/ I can do thorough vacuuming and soon will be able to offer someone of carpet and upholstery cleaning with a brush and cleaner/ interior vinyl cleaning and protection/ leather cleaning and conditioning/ also will be offering Headlight restoration shortly. I live in a wealthy area but just not sure of how to price services. Any help would be awesome y'all.
    Thank you!
    Hi Brian, You don't need a steamer or extractor to do a full interior. This was done with McKee's Upholstery Cleaner & Aqua Brush on a PC7424xp. Pedals were cleaned w/ McKee's High Density APC (10:1) and interior brush, then wiped down with Pinnacle Vinyl Rubber Protectant (non slip). All plastics were cleaned with Pinnacle Vinyl Leather Cleaner followed on Pinnacle Vinyl Rubber Protectant

BEFORE:

AFTER:

As far as pricing goes, best thing I can suggest is to view my answer to similar question in this post: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ml#post1374744

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Hi Brian, You don't need a steamer or extractor to do a full interior. This was done with McKee's Upholstery Cleaner & Aqua Brush on a PC7424xp. Pedals were cleaned w/ McKee's High Density APC (10:1) and interior brush, then wiped down with Pinnacle Vinyl Rubber Protectant (non slip). All plastics were cleaned with Pinnacle Vinyl Leather Cleaner followed on Pinnacle Vinyl Rubber Protectant

BEFORE:

AFTER:

As far as pricing goes, best thing I can suggest is to view my answer to similar question in this post: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ml#post1374744
    Thank you for the info buddy! Do you have compressed air? If not how do you blow all the dirt out of small crevices and under seat?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a shop vac, then you can do decent interior cleaning. Not perfect, but pretty good. First of course is a selection of brushes, as well as attachments for the vacuum. (And for blowing... just use the exhaust side of the vacuum.)

Lots of guys use Folex, you can find it at Lowes, Home Depot, and a lots of other places. It's a darned good carpet cleaner. If you want to get more specific, then of course you'll want to look at Meguiar's Tannin cleaner and Rinse, as well as Meguiar's Protein cleaner. Those two are freaking AWESOME. Expensive (well one of them) but AWESOME!!!! I used the protein cleaner the other day on some blood spoiled clothes here earlier in the week and it actually foamed and got HOT. WARNING... you MUST WEAR GLOVES when working with the Tannin or Protein cleaner. One will burn the crap out of your hand!

Also, a good APC helps a lot with interior jobs. You'll want to mix your APC in at least 2 strengths, if not 3. Do make sure and do some homework though on tannin, versus grease, versus protein stains. You don't want to try and clean the wrong one with a APC and end up "setting the stain".

Anywho.... a few thick, terry cloth, COTTON towels. Then a few brushes of various stiffness, various length bristles, your above cleaners, a bottle of warm water in a spray bottle... and patience will get you a long way.

Next step would be a pancake compressor, boy have I used those puppies through the years and a Little Green Steam Machine. (Although it DOES NOT heat water, much less make steam.) You'd be amazed at how well the combination of a good shop vac and the 'Little Green' works.

I am just now getting a heated extractor. Ordered the Mytee Lite III with the additional Dry Upholstery Tool. Well eventually I'll have it... just depends on when Autogeek plans on shipping it. (Ordered it last weekend.) Looking forward to it for sure, and NEEDED IT this weekend! It's paid for though, just not here this week, and who knows about next week.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a $200 steamer from McCulloch that I bought at a local Fry's

80% of the time I use APC 10:1 and 5:1 with a boairs hair brush, tooth brush, multiple skinny brushes and towels

There's nooooooo need for an air compressor of any sort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailGroove View Post
    I have a $200 steamer from McCulloch that I bought at a local Fry's

80% of the time I use APC 10:1 and 5:1 with a boairs hair brush, tooth brush, multiple skinny brushes and towels

There's nooooooo need for an air compressor of any sort
    Yeah I just learned with having a compressed air line to push dirt out from under places. I'm going to make it work with all the suggestions y'all gave me! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

If you could answer a few questions, this might help us help you.

1) What is your competition charging in the area?
    2) How much does it cost YOU to break even on your service offerings?
    3) How much value are you bringing to your customers?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Compressed air might make it easier, or quicker, but is not needed. I just vacuum and agitate with a stiff brush while I do it.

I'm getting one of these with my next order to help get into those tight areas.

Metro Vac Super Extendo Car Detailing Crevice Tool

As for pricing, search for detailers in your local area and see what they are charging.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine uses those little cans of compressed air that you use for computer keyboards. I've flipped the hose around on my mini shop vac and it blows air.....use the crevice tool and slide it under the seat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashEngineer View Post
    If you could answer a few questions, this might help us help you.

1) What is your competition charging in the area?
    2) How much does it cost YOU to break even on your service offerings?
    3) How much value are you bringing to your customers?

Competition in the are charged around 200 for a interior detail and exterior(they just offer clay and wax) there's a shop closer to DC that charges any where from 250-1000 for paint correction and exterior details. As far as breaking even I'm not sure yet. I just know what the shop I used to work at charges. I know I offer better quality work in the immediate area but maybe not as good as that shop up the road. Hopefully this helped you get a better feel for what I'm trying to accomplish.
    Thanks guys!