autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Containers for mobile detail setup

Hey guys,

I am looking for a new solution to carry my products in my van.

Following Renny Doyle's suggestion I purchased 4 large plastic bins a few years ago and put everything in there. Then when I would go to a client's place I would take all 4 bins out of the truck and place then at an accessible place near the car I was detailing. Well, over the years, the plastic covers for the bins kept breaking and since you cannot simply purchase the cover, I had to replace several bins over the years.

So think year I want to replace them with something less troublesome. What do you guys use to carry all your spray bottles, and polish bottles, and foam pads and all of that stuff we use?

I was thinking stackable milk crate style plastic container maybe. Any of you guys use those? I am curious to know if the tall 32 oz spray bottles would fit Inside without preventing stacking.

Do some of you use bags? I think those would be problematic and expensive. But they would look better than many other solutions...

Just not sure... What do you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Containers for mobile detail setup

I work out of a transit and built all the shelves and compartments out of marine board.I would never take out any plastic bins,time is money and I don't like bottles and stuff laying around.I take one product out at a time when I don't need it I put it back.so simply I work out of the van.I customized all the shelves to fit gallons and trigger sprayer bottles so nothing moves when driving.

Post Thanks / Like

I found myself having things all over and wanted to get more organized. I chose the HD Rigid pro gear cart, tool box, organizer, etc. I can store my GG6, pads, extension cord, brushes, etc. I love the system and price. Here's the link

RIDGID Model # 222573 Internet # 205441921 Store SKU # 1000544233 22 in. Pro Gear Cart, Black

Post Thanks / Like

Keep things simple:
    - Crates
    - Bungee cords
    - 32oz bottles
    - 128oz containers

You most likely only have a handful of products that you use most of the time that you constantly refill. Use gallon containers for for those chemicals and take a funnel for easy pouring (not a fan of the nozzles)

From what I see, most of the time detailers get confused and complicate how to setup their vans because they want to take every single last thing under the sun. You can probably remove a great majority of the products/tools you use and you could still effectively complete a detail

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to go back and forth to the van everytime I need something. Sometimes I have to park away from the car I am detailing and all that wasted time can pile up.

Also, I have a dodge caravan, the Inside is not well suited to install shelves.

I have switched to 32 oz bottles last year. Went to a janitorial store and purchased a bunch of them with standard and chemical resistant sprayers.

When you say crates... do you mean milk style crates? (see image)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a nice cart will suit your situation,for the vehicles that are distant load up a cart for what you might need.Thats what I do when working on boats at a marina.maybe a small enclosed trailer will help you organize the products and such.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Costco black and yellow bins to store everything. Super durable, and I bought 10 of them when they had the sale for like 6.49 each bin. Theyre usually 8.49, while HD sells the same type for like 10 lol. Great buy.