autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgruntled customer

Hey guys. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I had a customer contact me through Facebook asking about an interior detail and pricing for her vehicle. I gave her a price based on the work that needed to be done... salt, pet hair removal the works was needed. She said she was a student and could only afford to pay half of that. She asked me to do half the job. I take pride in my work and did not want to leave things half done. I advised her that unfortunately I could not help her and directed her to one of the in and out detail shops in town who had more options at her price point. She got very upset and started bad mouthing me. We have never met.

She then started saying my business was not "real" and that I was ripping people off. At this point, I blocked her as it was getting abusive and out of hand. I left it on a good note on my end wishing her luck and giving her options. So, she (and I think her boyfriend) are now leaving me bad reviews wherever I am posting. They both posted on Google Places giving horrible reviews and a 1 star rating. As I am new, they are the only reviews I have. I responded politely explaining the situation so that other potential customers could see the whole story and hopefully not judge me solely on that.

I have contact all of my existing customers asking them to review on Google Places just to offset the negative ones. Unfortunately because they have to create an account, they have been reluctant. That's even after I offered 10% off the next detail to leave a review. I know for a fact that they were satisfied and happy with my work.

So, the question is, have you guys ever had this happen to you? If so, what did you do about it? Neither of these two people who left the negative reviews ever met me or received my services. I refused the job with her as I did not want to do a half ass service that neither of us would have been happy with. Seemed as though I dodged a bullet. That being said, no one can even mention my name now on social media without them flaming me. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance guys.... appreciate the help. I am just getting started and don't want people to be turned off just because these two have a personal vendetta against me. Thanks.

Pete
    Pete's Pro Mobile Detailing
    "Keepin' the Shine in the 519"
    519-546-9277 | www.petesprodetailing.ca | www.facebook.com/petesprodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disgruntled customer

ANY reply you make to these people needs to be from the high road and SERIOUSLY brief. Simply state you never did work for these people, referenced them to other businesses you thought could better meet their needs, and wish them nothing but the best. Keep it SHORT, SIMPLE, and FRIENDLY.

Post Thanks / Like

The above is probably the best course of action. Some people just want to see the drama in life appear before their eyes even when there is none to be seen.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lt1xL82 View Post
    ANY reply you make to these people needs to be from the high road and SERIOUSLY brief. Simply state you never did work for these people, referenced them to other businesses you thought could better meet their needs, and wish them nothing but the best. Keep it SHORT, SIMPLE, and FRIENDLY.

Couldn't have said it better myself! An unfortunate part of these times with Social Media cones childish, narcissistic trolls. Less is more and don't make them more important than they are by getting into a sparring match. This is sad and unfortunate and something I am going to have to deal with as a new detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a couple people (at least lol) need a LIFE. Geesh. There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many people like this in the world.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

These people are literally tripping over their words, don't give them a forum (no pun intended).

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lady at the gas station threaten to destroy me on social media because I took to long to fill 6 gas cans (36 gallons) and my 3 lawn tractors? She said I was rude for filling up when she had to go to work. The gas station has 12 pumps but I was at her pump and therefore received her wrath that day. I just smiled and said nothing so she called the the number on my truck and bitched me out again on my voicemail. I never found out if she destroyed me on social media because I do not have any social media accounts that I know of. I do not understand how some people can go around so self consumed like everyone else is on this earth to serve them. I hope that those people leave the 519 detail alone so he can shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Question: What are they saying on the social media site? It is lies? If so I would definatelly sue them for defamation. There are laws in place to protect you against that sort of things. You are in your right to refuse to give service if the person cannot pay for them. Nowhere does it say you have to give a 50% discount to anyone who cannot pay your normal rate. So I would take a look at exactly what is being said. If she is making stuff up, I would sue. You might also want to contact the social media service and make a complaint. This person is not a Customer. So making a review is borderline immoral.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Question: What are they saying on the social media site? It is lies? If so I would definatelly sue them for defamation. There are laws in place to protect you against that sort of things. You are in your right to refuse to give service if the person cannot pay for them. Nowhere does it say you have to give a 50% discount to anyone who cannot pay your normal rate. So I would take a look at exactly what is being said. If she is making stuff up, I would sue. You might also want to contact the social media service and make a complaint. This person is not a Customer. So making a review is borderline immoral.
    Was thinking the same thing until I scrolled down to your reply.probably not worth the time or money involved.Bad karma will catch up to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lt1xL82 View Post
    Hi ok so I left was fairly lengthy outlining the entire situation. I figured if I kept it brief they would not stop and would carry on leaving the bad reviews. So maybe after now having the long response up, I will delete it and make it more brief? I was just hoping that people who saw the neg reviews may read the whole story but when I think of it, they prob wont take the time.
    Pete's Pro Mobile Detailing
    "Keepin' the Shine in the 519"
    519-546-9277 | www.petesprodetailing.ca | www.facebook.com/petesprodetailing

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast