autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My profitability wheels are turining

I see this new product called bumperskinz on the site. At $24.99 this could allow for another source of profit.

Can Nick or Mike do a video with a few different car and suv types as this seems too good to be true? Since these aren't custom cut, how do they REALLY look when used in the real world? Is it a 2 min install or are there air bubbles all over the place that look horrible on black paint, etc.

Thoughts everyone?

BumperSkinz Crystal Clear Bumper Protection, DIY clear bra film, bumper protector

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My profitability wheels are turining

Interesting. Would like to hear some thoughts on this as well.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I see this new product called bumperskinz on the site. At $24.99 this could allow for another source of profit.

Can Nick or Mike do a video with a few different car and suv types as this seems too good to be true? Since these aren't custom cut, how do they REALLY look when used in the real world? Is it a 2 min install or are there air bubbles all over the place that look horrible on black paint, etc.

Thoughts everyone?

BumperSkinz Crystal Clear Bumper Protection, DIY clear bra film, bumper protector
    Since your putting a liquid on first, something similar to window cleaner I would imagine, air bubbles should be easy to remove you should also be able to adjust the product on the bumper if need be. Once the liquid dries the film should be permanently stuck with no bubbles. Used to plastic peel and stick signs on our windows occasionally I always used Windex so I would be able to adjust and remove air bubbles, then squeegee out as much liquid as you can and let dry. Same principle from what I can tell. Should be very user friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Since your putting a liquid on first, something similar to window cleaner I would imagine, air bubbles should be easy to remove you should also be able to adjust the product on the bumper if need be. Once the liquid dries the film should be permanently stuck with no bubbles. Used to plastic peel and stick signs on our windows occasionally I always used Windex so I would be able to adjust and remove air bubbles, then squeegee out as much liquid as you can and let dry. Same principle from what I can tell. Should be very user friendly.
    Good insight. I think the biggest question now is let's see how these babies look on different vehicle types since they aren't custom cut. It seems that the company manufacturing the product is new, so they probably don't have the capital to factory cut custom sheets yet. But I'm sure they thought of this and tested vigorously prior to release. Hopefully the good folks at AG can get a few videos up/reviews so we can all learn. For folks driving into the city or who want to rid their front bumpers of chips, this seems like a nice solution. But with all the different body types out there I'm having a tough time visualizing how they will look being a universal system. If we have to start custom modifying each install beyond parking sensors, all of a sudden something that should take 5 minutes takes 2 hours. And we all know how that story goes.