autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Adapt and Poxy Review - 1940 Studebaker Streetrod detailed by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    In my opinion and experience, machine waxing is the only way to treat a car like this. Working by hand will never do as good a job.
    Awesome work Mike. Can you explain this a bit more? Is it because Poxy contains natural waxes or cleaners?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Adapt and Poxy Review - 1940 Packard Streetrod detailed by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    So this is HD Speed with no fillers and sealants right?
    Huh?

Are you referring to Adapt...and that it has no fillers or sealant?

Are you saying HD Speed has fillers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The term for this is,

Pilling
    I've had M105 and the high dollar 3M EX compound pill on me with seriously oxidized and dirty paint and the amount of product to prime with or during use didn't seem to matter.

When I first read this thread when it was first posted I didn't notice, until now, that you used Adapt on the entire car before removing it. That's the first time I've seen any compound/polish used in this manner and I'm have never heard of or read about any other brands of compounds/polishes that can be used this way. Talk about a time saver.

Mike, have you tried using the HD Cut and HD Polish in the same manner...going over the entire car, then removing either product?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Adapt and Poxy Review - 1940 Packard Streetrod detailed by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Huh?

Are you referring to Adapt...and that it has no fillers or sealant?

Are you saying HD Speed has fillers?
    I read in the forums that it contained fillers, but then I just researched and it seems that it does not contain any fillers:

HD Speed fillers or no?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike - Great work as always! I really enjoy you trying out 3D/HD products! Nothing like being able to transform a paint mess like this into a show car finish with just 1 polishing step. I actually consider HD Adapt to be in a somewhat category of its own: Compounding Polish. It has the potential to knock down some pretty serious defects all while leaving a glossy, deep finish. Pad choice is critical for optimum cut/finish, but as always doing a few test spots will save you much needed time. Because this product uses non-diminishing abrasives and has a long work time, deeper defect removal is possible by just slowly working troubled areas with more passes. So many times my guys find themselves running into heavy isolated defects when working on a car and are used to thinking that they need to stop what they're doing and reach for a heavy cut compound. I simply instruct them try working them out a little longer (isolate them actually) and 9 times out of 10 they're able to remove them with just a little bit more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    I read in the forums that it contained fillers, but then I just researched and it seems that it does not contain any fillers:

HD Speed fillers or no?
    Correct! HD Speed has NO FILLERS!

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Mike Phillips

Here's the good news about this Packard...

The owner keeps it up!

It always looks GREAT! And I'm pretty confident it will be on display at Detail Fest if anyone wants to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in to time savers when I can find them.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review and results. I love HD products!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming that Packard rolled in today, and HD Adapt is no longer available, what would be your product/pad choice?

Mike? Guys?
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    Assuming that Packard rolled in today, and HD Adapt is no longer available, what would be your product/pad choice?

Mike? Guys?
    Here's what I have in my cabinet and enjoy working with:

Heavier Cutting needs: Meg's 101 Foam Cut compound; Menzerna FG 400
    Medium Cutting needs: Meg's Ulitmate Compound
    Low Cutting needs: Where I want a super clean LSP ready finish, HD Adapt/HD Cut
    Polishing wise: My choice depends on the make/model of car/paint: Meg's Ulitimate Polish, HD Polish, HD Adapt, Menzerna SF4000/3500
    AIO Needs: HD SPeed is my go-to but when I'm out I may try McKee's 360 as I hear it's great.

Cliffs: To answer your question directly, in place of HD Adapt I would use HD Cut. The new formulation is amazing.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Low Cutting needs: Where I want a super clean LSP ready finish, HD Adapt/HD Cut
    Polishing wise: My choice depends on the make/model of car/paint: Meg's Ulitimate Polish, HD Polish, HD Adapt, Menzerna SF4000/3500
    AIO Needs: HD SPeed is my go-to but when I'm out I may try McKee's 360 as I hear it's great.

Cliffs: To answer your question directly, in place of HD Adapt I would use HD Cut. The new formulation is amazing.
    Thank you very much. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I have HD Polish and have been using it on parts on my Juke, as well as McKees 360. I like the 360, it is a lighter cut but worked well with a white LC CCS on the light swirls on my cars roof. (I needed HD Polish on an orange pad to deal with the heavier marks on the hood.)

I haven't used Speed, so I can't say how the 360 compares to it.

I know of a place that still has the 32 oz Adapt in stock, I may pick up a bottle as well as a bottle of HD Cut to have on hand.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast