Former Vette owner/Zaino user who has decided to take the plunge into machine application. Used to do the Vette by hand with Zaino but layering the applications would take an entire weekend and don't have that much time. Plus I traded the Vette in a 2014 Red Mustang Vert. Want to get to a sealant that takes only one coat per outing.

Here are the cars I have in my garage:

1999 White Nissan Altima - Severe exterior degradation with oxidation. Clayed and compounded by hand a couple of years ago. Used Zaino for LSP. Came out pretty well. Kid took the car and didn't even bother to wash it. Now two years later, the car is back and looking pretty rough.

2014 Red Mustang - Beautiful finish but some pretty obvious swirl marks. Looks like it was taken to the car wash a lot, hence the swirls.

2012 Silver Civic - Maybe the best finish of the lot. As with silver, it always look good.

I have Meg's Ultimate Compound on the shelf. On order from Auto Geek I have Porter Cable, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and Wolfgang Swirl Remover. I ordered the Porter bundle that comes with a few pads.

I wasn't gonna clay any of the three cars. I mean if you are using compounds and polishes and glazes, what's the point? Won't that take off the imperfections? Plus, I am really hesitant to clay the Mustang and Civic. I don't want to mess up a good thing. Clayed the Altima and Vette once. Didn't do it any hard but I read a lot of stories about people who made their problem worse with claying.

In any event, here is my plan and was wondering what you think of it. All include washing with either Dawn or Meg's carwash. Leaning toward Dawn to strip away old waxes, etc.

Altima - Meg's Ultimate Compound, Finishing Glaze, Wolfgang Sealant.

Mustang - Swirl Remover, maybe finishing glaze and Wolfgang sealant. Now wondering if Swirl Remover is too aggressive. Paint has beautiful gloss but definite swirl marks.

Civic - Finishing glaze and sealant. Maybe just only the sealant.

Was wondering what you guys thought of the plan? I don't want to spend any more time than I have to, but I obviously don't want to waste time by putting a last stage product on a car not properly prepped.