autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applying Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying Wax

I'll have to view it from different angles next time, eventhough it was out under sunlight.
    If i have time tomorrow, i'll run a test and post pics.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

You have "Magic Hands"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    You have "Magic Hands"!
    I know my experience is counter-intuitive, but I believe my eyes, especially after it kept happening the second,third, & fourth times.
    The trick, I think, is that the wax has to be spread so thinly (yet it initially leaves a haze) and evenly that the height of the wax in any direction is at the same height. Thin, flat and smooth wax applied that way panel after panel should yeild these results.
    Note: Me waxing my minivan takes roughly 30-45 minutes. I do this to give my self enough time to lay the wax down just as described above.
    Now, if your pulling your wax pad and you see streaks (high points & low points, indicated by lines)within the swipe, restart spreading there all-over again untill you get an even-uniform appearance of haze with no high or low lines. This, soon, should become clear when dry, and possibly not need rubbing off.
    DISCLAIMER: I am incredably talented with my hands, and can perform many tasks with a high level of skill where others will quit and claim it can't be done, or it's impossible. Thank you to Dave Bixler's Home Improvement, Next Day Signs, and the US Army for helping develope a pair of the most sturdy & patient hands in the world. No, I'm not full of myself.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post

Lately, I've been applying Liquid Souveran, paste Souveran, Fuzion, and 4*UPP, and they ALL have been drying clear and glossy in many areas on my vehicle where, I believe, I applied them the most evenly.

It's as if, after I apply it and it hazes, it does not need wiped off. Seemingly, it dries perfectly clear, with a very high level of gloss.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me?

Just to note...

I machine apply all waxes and sealants unless I have to apply by hand for some special reason. I try to lay down a thin film with perfect coverage.

Applying wax like this alwasy leaves a film with a pattern that I can see and then it must be wiped off.

My thoughts are, no matter how thin you apply any wax or sealant, you should always give the finish a final wipe.

Don't know if that helps but just wanted to reply via the PM request for a reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12