autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between S100 and P21S & How to Wax Wheels without burn off.

"Intelligence sources" have explained to me that S100 and P21S are definitely not the same. My "Intelligent source" happen to be one of the team members who helped design a few of their products.....anyway....The difference being s100 was designed to be more gasoline resistant,after all what's that main component that you're definitely going to hit first? Every bike has one… The gas tank! personally I find that p21S is such an amazing product as well as S100 I'll use either or but since one is marketed for cars and the other for motorbikes I'll stick with the former.

Seeing as though we're going into the fall season, I will be using my beloved P21S "Total Auto Wash" to do my wetwork during my first wax stripping for my 06' Mazda6 w/ tha V6....I would love to post some pictures but for some reason they seem to appear upside down all the time???

Well, I just realized I posted a message in the how-to section but didn't really give a how to do anything.....but I'll give it a shot anyway.....

How to protect your rims with a resin based wax....
    Go hit up your local Pep Boys and buy yourself a bottle of Surf City Garage's "Diamonds Edge" Wheel Wax. Start with one rim work it in try to keep thin layer (I screw that up alllllllll the time). I have learned how to charge an applicator, a term I brought over from my woodworking days when you would drop pieces of Minwax paste wax wrapped in a cloth and work it till it warmed up. Your little bundle was now charged. When the applicator feels like it's wet, stop adding product to it and keep going even though it doesn't seem like anything is getting applied, it is....usually after your fourth we'll go back to the wheel #1 and buff yourself. This particular resident based wax will protect it up to about 300° which I've heard is the temperature some rims rise to as they spin. Don't hesitate to do the rest of the car with the same wax if you feel inclined it will not hurt it in fact I think it's a great wax all in all.
    Thanks for the critique.
    I hope this solves the mystery.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between S100 and P21S & How to Wax Wheels without burn off.

Personally I coat my wheels with sealants since they require so much less effort and last a long long time. Check out some of the new products that are WOWA - Once the wheels are clayed and cleaned properly, (that time would be the same regards of the LSP used) no more than 15 minutes to do all four wheels and the protection last for around 1 year. BTW, going forward you don't need wheel cleaner as soap & water with a Dayton Brush works magic.

Post Thanks / Like

•Ahhhh yes: Resin-based.

-Fits quite humbly alongside other detailing buzz-words like: polymers, PDMS, silica-based, bonding, cross-link, etc.

•Putting all P21S/S100 discussion to the sideline, for the moment:

-Who was the only US President to hold a U.S. patent;
    and what role, if any, did resin play in its developement?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    •Ahhhh yes: Resin-based.

-Fits quite humbly alongside other detailing buzz-words like: polymers, PDMS, silica-based, bonding, cross-link, etc.

•Putting all P21S/S100 discussion to the sideline, for the moment:

-Who was the only US President to hold a U.S. patent;
    and what role, if any, did resin play in its developement?

Bob

One would assume Ben Franklin, but that would be wrong. It was mr. Lincoln, but I don't have a clue for what or how resin played in. Thus ends my history lesson and the extent of my American history knowledge.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hey addys,
    I read you loud and clear. I use 3M synthetic wax protecting which by no means has a even lick of wax in it. It makes the car look like it's actually melting. But I would not use it on my wheels though....main reason being the heat factor. It'll look great for like a couple of days but that surf city stuff is phenomenal. The only times I ever use wheel cleaners is for customers cars when the really nasty. I'll usually grab the Sonax full effect. Winds are pretty easy to deal with and wholeheartedly agree sometimes you got to plant your ass down on the seat with wheels and use a nice car wash soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Rims not winds!
    Dang voice recogn!tion