autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wolfgang Four

Mike has there ever been any talks about offering a wolfgang four bundle?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I just got a huge first time order and would have liked to just be able to select all the Wolfgang products instead of adding separate items like the tire package, interior and a Flex but didn't have über in the package just the three. I ended up with two paint sealant 3.0 and 2 spritz. Suggestion: A Flex 3401 offer with 6 pads (choice) and the Wolfgang 4 (plus spritz) would be a great bundle to have. A complete set of all Wolfgang products (tire, interior, clay; etc.) with/out bag and/or a Flex or other polisher.

I bought a new black 2014.5 Camry and the dealer massacred the paint with holos and swirls. They told me that's the problem with black cars. I told them I'll buy my wife's new car purchase and recommend my friend do the same somewhere else. They kept giving me the black paint speech over and over. I just laugh. 20 years ago (just out of high school) I worked at a Porsche, Audi and Range Rover dealership detailing cars and if I put out a car (even a used one) like this Toyota dealership did, I'd be fired on the spot. I can't believe the person detailing has zero pride in his/her work.

Glad I found autogeek and Mike and I will be a repeat customer for life.

Post Thanks / Like

to Autogeek, Osiris!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Mike has there ever been any talks about offering a wolfgang four bundle?

Not sure, that's a question for the business side of AG I work in the how-to side.

But I'm sure this thread is read by the business side...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

I agree. I just got a huge first time order and would have liked to just be able to select all the Wolfgang products instead of adding separate items like the tire package, interior and a Flex but didn't have Uber in the package just the three.

I ended up with two paint sealant 3.0 and 2 spritz.

Suggestion: A Flex 3401 offer with 6 pads (choice) and the Wolfgang 4 (plus spritz) would be a great bundle to have. A complete set of all Wolfgang products (tire, interior, clay; etc.) with/out bag and/or a Flex or other polisher.
    Great suggestions...

I bought a new black 2014.5 Camry and the dealer massacred the paint with holos and swirls.
    Been posting to forums since the software was invented and introduced to the net, even have an article on that topic...

Discussion Forums - A relatively "new" invention...

[quote=Osiris;1127382]

Your story is about the millionth time I've read about how a dealership screwed up a new car's paint.

Trust me... this is the norm for dealerships. And it's not just black cars it's all colors and all makes and models. Here's the deal... the people that "own" dealerships and the people that "run" dealerships and at least some of the people that work at dealerships just don't care.

There are a few that actually do the grunt work and do care but they don't last and I write about them in this article.

The story of 3 H's - Horrendous, Horror Story and Hack Detailers...

Horrendous
    Here's my definition of horrendous...

They told me that's the problem with black cars. I told them I'll buy my wife's new car purchase and recommend my friend do the same somewhere else.

They kept giving me the black paint speech over and over. I just laugh. 20 years ago (just out of high school) I worked at a Porsche, Audi and Range Rover dealership detailing cars and if I put out a car (even a used one) like this Toyota dealership did, I'd be fired on the spot.
    That's the audible indicator that these people don't care. They just don't care about you and your car after you've signed on the dotted line. Sad thing is the clear layer of paint on your car is thinner than a post it note.

When they scratched your car's finish that REMOVED PAINT. In order undo the scratches YOU have to remove more paint. See how ignorant this all is because it doesn't have to be this way it's this way because of what I wrote above about how the owners and such just don't care.

The factory sprayed clear layer of paint on most new cars averages around 2 mils. That's thinner than the average post-it note.

The next time you see a post-it note... feel it between your fingers... this is usually all it takes to drive home the point as to how thin the paint is on your beautiful, shiny car.

I can't believe the person detailing has zero pride in his/her work.
    Some do, some don't that's why I WORDED my article on this topic very carefully as so to be SENSITIVE to those that care.

The story of 3 H's - Horrendous, Horror Story and Hack Detailers...

Those that truly care sooner or later quit and start their own detailing business.

The turnover for detailers at a dealership is about 3 months. That's why you should NEVER let a dealership wash or wax your car. See my article here,

DON'T WASH CAR !!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I found autogeek and Mike and I will be a repeat customer for life.

We're glad you found us too. Autogeek has the best selection and the best customer service. My personal goal is real simple...

Help others to be successful in their garage...

Post Thanks / Like

I started on a project this month and I've tried a couple different attempts with different compounds and pads. This is where I stand.

Using a Flex PE 14

Wolfgand uber compound
    Wolfgand total swirl remover
    Wolfgang finishing glaze

Megs Ultimate compound
    Megs Ultimate polish

All LC pads

CCS 5.5 orange, white and red
    Hybrid 6.5 orange, white and black

Keep in mind The Wolfgang trio are all samples and haven't had a chance to try them out until today.

I have been using Megs Ultimate Compound and polish was great results on a 2007 Chevy Cobalt gold in color with some mild oxidation and swirls. Today thinking I had polishing paint licked and down pat, I stated on a 17' box truck I have at work. It's a single stage paint and attacked it with confidence using my trusting LC hybrids only to find out that it didn't have the cutting power I thought.

Test spot:
    First I use LC hybrid white and Megs Ultimate compound following LC hybrid white with Megs Ultimate polish and then tried the LC hybrid black just to see what it'd do.

2nd test spot:
    LC CCS 5.5 white with wolfgang uber compound. Omg is all I can say.... WG Uber compound cut so fast and finished down better then the 2 step using Megs UC and UP. Why?

Now, I come home all excited and want to finish the passenger side of the Chevy Cobalt only to find the pads and compounds won't work the same and I got a little frustrated. I didn't want to go to much o the pads, so I started with LC CCS white with WG finishing glaze. Nothing! Then tried CCS white with swirl remover. Meh.... a little something but not really. I had to drop all the way down to WG Uber compound. I had the same results as I the 17' box truck. Cut super fast and finished really nice, but since this is a GOLD metallic paint you can see the haze that's left and just knew I could get more "bling" out of the paint. Nothing. I've tried everything. I tried the 3 steps with all 3 WG products and I wasn't able to get the results of the Megs UC and UP. Why?

I know the drivers side with the Megs UC and UP isn't perfectly 100% up to show car shine, but it's pretty close. What am I doing wrong with the WG products on the Chevy Cobalt, but did so well on single stage paint on the box truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it used to be the WG Twins (with of course the Sealant to finish,

Well now it's the trio with the Sealant, and ole "Mikey" is right on IMO. these products are worthy of any detailer, don't matter a $4K Hyundai, or a $400K Lambo. These babies will get the job done big time.

Last time I went to prep the Tahoe for a CQuartz UK Coating, the WG TSR was working great, but under some good lighting, still seen some RIDS on the Hood, and the passenger Side Door, that were probably in the paint from 14 years ago.

I wanted to get rid of them before I came behind with a Coating.

I simply followed behind with another clean white LC Flat 5.5" pad and Uber, and voila, gone, history!

No need to again go to TSR, because I felt Uber finished down that nicely. But being the anal nut I am, I went to the Finishing Glaze, a Eraser Wipe Down, and the Coating.

Like glass, perfect, the hood was perfect. So was the rest.

Like Forest Gump, about all I can say, is there's not a WG product in the entire lineup, that isn't worth investing in. All tremendous products!

Post Thanks / Like

MarkD51,

There is no doubt that the WG product line it up to par, and my post wasn't at all to doubt them. I am still so so very happy the way my truck came out ( I only did a 4 ft x 4 ft area ) on the box that nothing or anyway would tell me differently.

I guess I'm more or less asking for pad and compound level recommendation.

I attached a picture of my truck. It's not the best.since the sun wasn't out, but you can clearly see the rest of the box is a solid white with no reflection and the 4x4 area has the reflection of my car. The Megs UC and UP couldn't hold a candle to the WG products hands down.

I'm Just wondering why I can't get the same results on the Chevy since I know they work so well.

I know each paint system is different. I know the density and hardness from car to car, and year to year will be different.

If I could get some feedback on pads and product from WG and of what condition the paint was in, maybe that would help.

The last picture is of the Chevy with Megs UC and UP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Wolfgang Four-1423357624731-jpg   The Wolfgang Four-1423358029071-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

And this is the WG trio.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Wolfgang Four-1423358136007-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I havent used the wolfgang sealant yet but the wolfgang trio is the ONLY product i now use for a paint correction. Hell I have even started to offer two levels of headlight restoration in my packages because of it. One is what i call the mini headlight restoration where I take the uber compound and put it on a mf towel and rub it out by hand. I cant believe how amazing that compound is. Great stuff. If you have never tried the wolfgang trio it is my highest recommended products to hobbyist as well as professionals

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast