autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To...wash Mike and Ray's Dirty Microfiber Towels

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    This stuff is the bomb. Used it on a load today in an HE washer. 1 oz. is all I used, no pre-soak. This stuff is like Fuzion for MF's. Cleaned everything out of towels, and puffs them up very nicely. Very good product.
    Thanks for the feedback Rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus731 View Post
    How does this compare to the Blackfire microfiber cleaner? Are they similar? Any noteworthy differences between the two?
    It's a more potent formulation, which will give it an edge in cleaning ability.

It's worth noting that Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner & Rejuvenator is the first and only microfiber detergent designed specifically with the high efficiency washing machine ("HE") in mind. That's not to say it won't work in regular washing machines, but if you have a HE washing machine, Wolfgang is definitely the one to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    First, though, can someone please offer me some information, or maybe point me in the right direction to do some research, on what makes "microfiber wash" detergents better than regular detergents? I'd like to know if I'm missing the boat here, since I go through hundreds of mf's a year.
    Microfiber detergents contain a special blend of surfactants, emulsifiers, chelating agents and water softeners. They don't contain any perfumes or fabric softeners either.

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Why would it matter if the colors ran from one color towel to another? It would affect performance would it? Just get some of us confused as to which color we use for which job, right?
    I generally wash all my towels together, except drying towels and glass towels. Some people like to separate colors, but I don't find it necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

Just going to do my first wash of Microfiber Towels. I have a Hitachi washing machine that doesn't have settings for temperature. Does that mean I need to do something extra?

Also I have the Pinnacle Microfiber wash. this is going to be the new towel was (i.e before using the first time wash). Is it safe to mix all colors or should i separate?

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

can you use this and after wash your clothes with the same washer or will it mess up your clothes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Here you are gentlemen... don't forget to add baking soda in the wash, as well as white distilled vinegar as the rinsing agent for good measure! Homemade Natural Laundry Detergent Recipe
    Does anyone have thoughts on the above? I'm going to the store, and want to add more than baking soda and distilled white vinegar to the mix... and experience with Borax or "Super Washing Powder" which is just sodium-carbonate, or "Soda Ash?" Homemade Laundry Detergent - The Original and Best Recipe Thanks guys
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for a reply to my question below?

Quote Originally Posted by puneetbm View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just going to do my first wash of Microfiber Towels. I have a Hitachi washing machine that doesn't have settings for temperature. Does that mean I need to do something extra?

Also I have the Pinnacle Microfiber wash. this is going to be the new towel was (i.e before using the first time wash). Is it safe to mix all colors or should i separate?

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

I wouldn't worry about it. Cleaning towels isn't rocket science.

Thanks,
    P
    It's not necessary to separate colors if you wash on cold/cold. If you wash on hot/cold, there is a chance you might get some "bleeding" from a bright or dark towel.

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    can you use this and after wash your clothes with the same washer or will it mess up your clothes?
    It's not going to harm your clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick. Wish you a bright and beautiful 2014.

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick. Wish you a bright and beautiful 2014.

Thanks,
    P
    Thanks, you too! Let us know how you like Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator.

Post Thanks / Like

Have the Pinnacle. Seems to have turned out good. Waiting for air drying

will let you know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Thanks, you too! Let us know how you like Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this I went ahead and picked some up during the New Years sale. Looking forward to using it later this week when it comes in. I'll let you know how it works!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123