autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To...wash Mike and Ray's Dirty Microfiber Towels

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Autogeek does sell Wolfgang, but the Wolfgang site happened to get this product a couple hours before Autogeek.
    Sorry, I meant why doesn't AG sell the WG Microfiber cleaner? I did a quick search, but didn't see it on the AG site. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. If you have a link for the AG site, can you post it please? Thanks.
    Ryan

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rouxster View Post
    Sorry, I meant why doesn't AG sell the WG Microfiber cleaner? I did a quick search, but didn't see it on the AG site. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. If you have a link for the AG site, can you post it please? Thanks.
    It'll be on Autogeek within the next hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    Man wish I would of got this instead of the DP cleaner that I got in mail today... I have a HE, are there any tips for using any of the older washes with a HE machine?

Will definitely be adding this to next order, great results.
    I use the DP in an HE washer and don't use the extra rinse. Even with using extra DP cleaner it rinses fine.

I liked the DP so much I bought a gallon. Good stuff, as is the Wolfgang I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be on Autogeek within the next hour.
    Found it, ordered it. Tough to beat with the DEC12 coupon. Looking forward to using the product, hopefully lives up to expectations

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brace1 View Post
    Found it, ordered it. Tough to beat with the DEC12 coupon. Looking forward to using the product, hopefully lives up to expectations
    Let us know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is the bomb. Used it on a load today in an HE washer. 1 oz. is all I used, no pre-soak. This stuff is like Fuzion for MF's. Cleaned everything out of towels, and puffs them up very nicely. Very good product.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

How does this compare to the Blackfire microfiber cleaner? Are they similar? Any noteworthy differences between the two?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys... been looking into this a lot lately, and found some awesome information.

First, though, can someone please offer me some information, or maybe point me in the right direction to do some research, on what makes "microfiber wash" detergents better than regular detergents? I'd like to know if I'm missing the boat here, since I go through hundreds of mf's a year.

Alright, I found an awesome rrsource to make your own detergent that really deep cleans. Many of you already may know this, but it's new to me and definitely worth sharing... but you can easily make your own detergent with 3 simple store-bought ingredients, that will yield soft, cleansed, refreshed microfibers, for nearly 70% LESS than a Tide or other name brand.

Here is the link, one of them anyway, I read through so many sites; but just to quickly elaborate, SODA ASH or sodium carbonate is at the center of the home-made detergent 'laundry list' ha, get it? Also added in is Borax, and you can even add some non-colored bar soap if you'd like (shaved), although for our purposes as detailers I'd leave that out, and add in regular baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, and then pour some white distilled vinegar into the rinse cycle compartment on your washing machine for soap residue removal, and softening abilities!

Link: Well, I'm on my Android and it won't let me paste in my mobile Firefox browser... so, I'll be right back: READ THE NEXT POST BELOW
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Here you are gentlemen... don't forget to add baking soda in the wash, as well as white distilled vinegar as the rinsing agent for good measure! Homemade Natural Laundry Detergent Recipe
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

We generally separate colors, but for this demonstration and to make the photo more colorful, we washed a handful of different towels together.

It is especially important to separate your towels when you wash them for the first time.

I've never had problems with color transfer after a towel has been washed.

Autogeek does sell Wolfgang, but the Wolfgang site happened to get this product a couple hours before Autogeek.
    Why would it matter if the colors ran from one color towel to another? It would affect performance would it? Just get some of us confused as to which color we use for which job, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast