autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking the Collinite Myth: 915

I found this info in the FAQ section of the Collinite website, bolded text is mine. Collinite does not state actual percentages but there's carnauba in 915:

FAQs » Collinite

"
    2. What’s the difference between the auto waxes; No. 845 Insulator Wax, No. 476s Super Double Coat and the No. 915 Marque D’ Elegance?

All 3 last step waxes serve the same function: to provide a high gloss carnauba shine and lasting protection. All 3 contain copious amounts of wax-both rare Brazilian carnauba and premium synthetic polymers. However, their degree of durability, ease of use, and warmth of shine vary. Think of it this way;

1. No.476s – most durable protection/weather defense. Most elbow grease required during application.

2. No. 915- 2nd most durable and slightly easier than the 476s to apply/remove. No. 915 lends our warmest shine to dark tones like navy and black due to its highest concentration of rare carnauba.

3. No. 845- easiest of the 3 to apply/remove with slightly less durability than the No. 915.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link NYV, very interesting since reading the description of 915 and I thought for sure it was nuba and not a hybrid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who am I to dispute the company's claims but I own and have used all 3 of the above Collinite products and have never ever had an issue using any of them, I've done the entire car and then removed and have even left the product on for a day or more and have removed w/o a problem, did the test multiple times w/ all 3 too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Who am I to dispute the company's claims but I own and have used all 3 of the above Collinite products and have never ever had an issue using any of them, I've done the entire car and then removed and have even left the product on for a day or more and have removed w/o a problem, did the test multiple times w/ all 3 too!

Did you find them all easy to work with/apply/remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYV6Coupe View Post
    I found this info in the FAQ section of the Collinite website, bolded text is mine. Collinite does not state actual percentages but there's carnauba in 915:

FAQs » Collinite

"
    2. What’s the difference between the auto waxes; No. 845 Insulator Wax, No. 476s Super Double Coat and the No. 915 Marque D’ Elegance?

All 3 last step waxes serve the same function: to provide a high gloss carnauba shine and lasting protection. All 3 contain copious amounts of wax-both rare Brazilian carnauba and premium synthetic polymers. However, their degree of durability, ease of use, and warmth of shine vary. Think of it this way;

1. No.476s – most durable protection/weather defense. Most elbow grease required during application.

2. No. 915- 2nd most durable and slightly easier than the 476s to apply/remove. No. 915 lends our warmest shine to dark tones like navy and black due to its highest concentration of rare carnauba.

3. No. 845- easiest of the 3 to apply/remove with slightly less durability than the No. 915.
    I have the No. 476 and it is super hard to remove if you don't remove it right away but it works like a dream!

Breaking the Collinite Myth: 915-imageuploadedbyagonline1384837232-107959-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I love 915 and have yet to experience the issues people mention regarding removal. As a matter of fact, I just did a mini detail on my fathers BMW for him this afternoon and I finished it off with a coat of 915. Some people may freak out upon reading the next sentence. I applied it thinly over the whole car and then let it sit for about 20 minutes Guess what, it buffed of easily and with out issue. I'm really scratching my head about how this myth of it being impossible to remove came about. Are people applying it like peanut butter as someone already mentioned? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Undoubtedly, 915 is a great product. Before using it i was very concerned that it would be hard to remove, because i had read it in numerous reviews and feedbacks online. But when i used it myself the very first time, i was very impressed. It was super easy to apply and remove as well. I don't know why people say it's hard to remove. I think they must learn how to apply the wax properly.

I found collinite 915 as easy as other well reputed high-end branded waxes i've used. I apply it on one pannel at a time and move to the next, till then the 1st pannel starts to haze. later i move back to the 1st panel and remove the wax effortlessly. While removing it, the 1st thing that comes into mind is "Man...! It's sooo easyyy.."

The only thing i hate about collinite 915 is that it's a dust magnet, which is a fact with all carnuaba waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYV6Coupe View Post

FAQs » Collinite

"

I know that Collinite states that there is: copious amount of wax...in the above products:
    carnauba and "premium synthetic polymers" (synthetic waxes).

I also know that Collinite states, as I alluded to, that #915 has a melting point of: 132.8-143.6 °F

Since carnauba wax has a melting point of: 172-185ºF...
    Why the melting points discrepancy?

-Is it due to an unknown amount of carnauba wax being added to an admixture consisting of
    at least some "premium synthetic waxes" and some hydrotreated light petroleum distillates...
    to bring the resulting total-mixture's melting point up to the stated 132.8-143.6 °F?

Or:

-Did this admixture bring an unknown amount of carnauba wax's melting point down to 132.8-143.6 °F?

Not saying there's anything wrong with #915, or any other Collinite waxes:
    I've used and really like all three that's been listed!!...Just pointing out their melting points.

Speaking of melting points:
    -#476s: 132.8-143.6 °F same as #915.
    -#845: N/A...(?)
    -Bee's wax: 144-149ºF

Wax on!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dombey View Post
    Did you find them all easy to work with/apply/remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All 3 have been VERY easy to apply AND remove. I wish I could be there to see the process, someone's doing something wrong, have to be!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

For sure Pat, "thin is in" but that's the case with every product out there.

Can't really say there's a product out there that says to "lay it on thick for best results", LOL!

Thin is in...

As it relates to any "finishing" LSP. Cleaner/waxes when used on neglected paint are the exception and then you want to use them heavy or wet.

Also foam guns...

More is better...

11. Thanks wooly4228 thanked for this post
    Likes wooly4228 liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast