autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking the Collinite Myth: 915

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I've been reading for a few years Collinite Waxes last forever, but are hard to remove and works with.
    So today in using 915 for the first time and nothing is easier to remove. It may not spread as easy as super oily waxes, but removal is effortless.

It's very similar to Bilt Hamber Finis
    I think the problem is a lot of people tend to wax a car as if they are spreading peanut butter on a toast...

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, I've never had any issues worth mentioning with any of the Collinite Waxes, be they Liquid, or Paste.

I can think of only one time with 476 Doublecoat a few years back, and I'm not sure why, possibly outdoor humidity played a factor, or perhaps an old can of product?

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking the Collinite Myth: 915

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    OP: What was the temp when you applied the 915?

I applied 845 this weekend in temps that were in the low 60's. While not being difficult to apply/remove, I did notice it wasn't nearly as easy when temps were much warmer. Did you experience similar?
    It was about 45 degrees F. The stuff spread like butter and came off like silk. So easy to use. I was expecting some wax tragedy, because its my first time with Collinite.

I used the Dodo Supernatural hand puppet in the first pic to apply it.

One side of the truck I did "one panel". Other side I did the whole side and tailgate. Both sides removed just as easy.

However, I always apply wax so thin its hard to see. It seems to haze in seconds. The 915 spreads well and goes far. I can see a can lasting a lifetime for personal use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this thread swanicyouth!
    It's: Information Packed!!

IMHO:
    It should go a long way in easing any anxieties folks would have regarding this excellent LSP.

An aside:
    I have used #915 atop Klasse HGSG with blindingly outstanding results.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Collinite for 30 years and while I've tried new things that come out I always go back to the original. Nothing beads like it or lasts like it. I use all 3.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

915 is a great product. My first time using Collinite, I let it dry, and that was a big mistake. I learned that there is a huge difference between hazing and drying. Since then it's become very easy to use with the thinner is better technique [also applying 476 with a damp applicator helps].

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, 915 reminds me almost exactly of Bilt Hamber Finis - even smells similar. 915 seems to spread and buff off a bit easier. Finis isn't available in the USA, so I'm not sure many in here have used it.

It's another detergent / winter resistant wax from the UK. I used it last winter. We will see how 915 compares to Finis' incredible beading.

I'll use this thread to post some beading pics of the 915 when the car gets wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Temp was brought up earlier and the rule of thumb is 60 degrees, 45 is too cold and IMO the wax/sealant will never dry and set up properly.

Good to hear from someone who's been using Collinite for over 30 yrs too, WOW!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

915 isn't bad if machine applied, but applying by hand I have difficulties with it. It's hard to get an even thin coat without a machine and it will get hard quick.

Post Thanks / Like

The one quality worth mentioning that I have found with any of the Collinite Paste Waxes, is that if you are not a professional, and not applying such waxes on a regular basis on a multitude of vehicles, you will have a can of Collinite for a very long long time.

I've found this out with all of them, the 915, the 476, and the Fleetwax Pastes.

The fact that they are all quite durable, means that you're not applying any of these on a weekly, or monthly basis. That, and it takes so little of these Pastes to treat a vehicle. Often, I've done full size vehicles, or SUV's Pickups, and barely place a dent in the can.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast