autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Super Member HateSwirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    Thanks for the write up,a well written one I must say.
    Great job

    I learn so much from this site due to good people as yourself

  2. #22
    Super Member tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    5,403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    Very well written write up with fantastic photography and the instructions (and the glass) couldn't be more clear. Thanks for taking the time to share the knowledge on something not typically covered.

  3. #23
    Super Member swanicyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limerick, PA
    Posts
    9,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to take some sun shots of the glass today.







    Here you can see my next project. If you look in the small side window and the top left of the big window, you can see the scratches. That's not a reflection, but defects in the glass.



    Here is the whole vehicle cleaned up:


  4. #24
    Super Member DetailKitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    That looks awesome!
    I gotta do this to my windshield now
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

  5. #25
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    That looks great!

  6. #26
    Super Member Detailing by M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Plano Tex-ass
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    That is exacty how you do it!
    Nice write up!
    Kudos

  7. #27
    Super Member HateSwirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    Looks so good I now want to do mine


    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I was able to take some sun shots of the glass today.







    Here you can see my next project. If you look in the small side window and the top left of the big window, you can see the scratches. That's not a reflection, but defects in the glass.



    Here is the whole vehicle cleaned up:


  8. #28
    Super Member Ohio Detailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Akron/Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Arrow Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    One of the best write-ups I've ever seen, seriously!

    I just started getting more requests to remove defects from glass this year - and after reading this thread and your article, you're the obvious guy to ask

    I'll post some images I took this week from a client's vehicle that has SEVERE marring and scratches (rear window). Please let me know if this is something that can be remedied and refined back to perfection--and what combination of pad/products to use

    Of course as always, everyone else is highly encouraged to offer their insight as well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0280-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0281-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0284-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0286-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0289-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0291-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0295-jpg   DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro-imag0298-jpg  
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

  9. #29
    In time out
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Detailing View Post
    One of the best write-ups I've ever seen, seriously!

    I just started getting more requests to remove defects from glass this year - and after reading this thread and your article, you're the obvious guy to ask

    I'll post some images I took this week from a client's vehicle that has SEVERE marring and scratches (rear window). Please let me know if this is something that can be remedied and refined back to perfection--and what combination of pad/products to use

    Of course as always, everyone else is highly encouraged to offer their insight as well!

    I have only done a little glass polishing on my own vehicle.

    What you have there is going to be a major workout

    Bill 'em by the hour and eat your Wheaties

  10. #30
    Super Member Ohio Detailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Akron/Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DA Glass Correction (scratch removal) with CarPro

    Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I have only done a little glass polishing on my own vehicle.

    What you have there is going to be a major workout

    Bill 'em by the hour and eat your Wheaties
    Would I be better off using a tiered approach with Unigrit sanding, and then polish back to a reflective crystalline gloss?

    I have a Makita rotary, and a Flex
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2017, 12:41 PM
  2. Sliding Glass Door Scratch Removal
    By steelwindmachine in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2017, 04:25 PM
  3. Scratch removal from E36's glass
    By zckid in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:19 AM
  4. Glass scratch removal
    By wrb_subie in forum Ask your detailing questions!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
  5. Glass scratch removal
    By rohnramirez in forum Ask your detailing questions!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 02:05 AM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» February 2024

S M T W T F S
28293031 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 12