autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How To: Wash Your Car with 2 Gallons of Water – Pinnacle Style

How To: Wash Your Car with 2 Gallons of Water – Pinnacle Style

Surely you’ve heard the saying, “good things take time.” That’s not always true, especially when you’re talking about car care products that bear the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance name. Until recently, washing your car usually took all morning and involved throwing on your bathing suit and dragging out the hose. If you didn’t have a hose or happened to live in area with water restrictions, then you couldn’t even wash your car in the first place! Pinnacle has a solution, and it’s called Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba builds upon the widely popular way of washing your car without utilizing a free-flowing source of water – the rinseless car wash. Pinnacle’s take on the rinseless car wash involves fusing real carnauba wax with lubricious polymers, enabling you to wax your car as you wash it.

Advantages of a rinseless car wash:

• Saves time
    • Conserves water
    • Eliminates the run-off that occurs from rinsing a soapy car
    • Allows you to wash your car inside – perfect during winter months
    • Perfect for apartment complexes

Benefits of Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

• Makes paint glossy
    • Adds real wax protection
    • Easy to use
    • Boosts the gloss and protection of your wax or sealant
    • Cost effective: one bottle will wash your car 32 times
    • Can be used in direct sunlight

Performing a rinseless car wash is simple. First, you’ll need a 5 gallon wash bucket with a Grit Guard Insert. This will be your wash bucket. If you don’t wash your car weekly, it would be advised to have a second 5 gallon bucket with a Grit Guard Insert as your rinse bucket. Having a dedicated rinse bucket ensures your wash solution doesn’t get contaminated with large amounts of dirt and grime. You’ll also want to have about half a dozen Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels handy. From our testing, the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel is the perfect towel for performing a rinseless car wash. Don’t forget about a drying towel – the Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler is tough to beat.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is a highly concentrated solution, so you only need to add 1 ounce of solution to 2 gallons of water. I like to use the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner for accurate measurement.

Once you have mixed up your wash solution, let your microfiber towels soak for a few minutes before proceeding to wash the vehicle.

Take a Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel out of the wash solution and lightly wring it out.

Working one panel at a time starting at the top of the vehicle, gently rub the Gold Plush Jr in straight lines – avoid using a circular hand motion. There is no need to go over each section more than 2 or 3 times.

After the panel is clean, dry it with a Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel. Flip the towel over to a dry side and lightly buff the surface.

After cleaning a panel, place your microfiber towel in the rinse bucket and agitate it against the Grit Guard Insert. This will release any dirt particles that are trapped deep within the towel's fibers. After you have thoroughly rinsed the microfiber towel in the rinse bucket, wring it out and place it back into the bucket containing the wash solution. Once a microfiber towel becomes heavily soiled, leave it in the rinse bucket and start a fresh towel. I like to designate heavily soiled towels for cleaning the wheels.

This is what a Grit Guard Insert looks like: Imagine it in the bottom of your rinse bucket.

Cleaning wheels without a hose is also easier than you think. If the wheels are lightly soiled, you can clean them using the same method as you did for the paint surfaces. If the wheels haven't been cleaned in weeks or months, Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate works great. This versatile all purpose cleaner is safe for virtually every surface imaginable.

I used the former to clean the wheels on Jeff's Mustang. Once the wheels were clean and dry, I used Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate to clean the tires. Cleaning tires without a hose is easy: spray your cleaner of choice directly onto a Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel and agitate the tire. It's that simple!

After the wheels and tires are squeaky clean, apply Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing as the finishing touch. This water-based tire dressing creates a low-gloss finish that dries completely. Best of all, it will not sling!

Last, but not least, stand back and admire the gloss! Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is the most gloss-intensive rinseless car wash available. Formulated with real carnabua wax, your vehicle's paint will be well protected against UV rays and other environmental contaminants.

If you're new to rinseless car washes and don't have the necessary products to wash your vehicle the correct way, check out the Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash Two Bucket Wash System. This money-saving rinseless wash bucket system includes virtually everything featured in this article.

On Autogeek.net

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba

Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing

Grit Guard® Dual Bucket Washing System - CLEAR

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel

The Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave By Cobra, 20 x 40 inches

Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel

Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 32 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Wash Your Car with 2 Gallons of Water – Pinnacle Style

If you are looking for a Rinseless wash you don't need to look any further, this one will give you the shine you have been looking for!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my gallon in the mail yesterday and am excited to try it. I've been a long time onr user, but I like the idea of washing and waxing in the same step.

I also got the bogo deal for pinnacles waterless wash so that will only help in not scratching the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done review Nick!!!

Using Mikes new Canon Rebel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willtothewong View Post
    Just got my gallon in the mail yesterday and am excited to try it. I've been a long time onr user, but I like the idea of washing and waxing in the same step.

I also got the bogo deal for pinnacles waterless wash so that will only help in not scratching the paint.
    Let us know what you think and be sure to post pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Nicely done review Nick!!!

Using Mikes new Canon Rebel?
    Thanks Mike. I actually used my point-and-shoot Nikon; I discovered this amazing setting called "automatic." My pictures have never looked so good!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this as my free sample from the last sale. Cant wait to try it out this weekend. I have only done 1 rinsless wash before so hopefully I like this one a little more than ONR

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of rinseless washes. Now washing the car is something I do at night or during inclement weather (in the garage, of course). Instead of a once a month deal, its more like once a week. It doesn't seem to bother the sealant underneath, and it takes an hour including the spray wax over the sealant and the Black on Black to the plastic trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IAtegeler View Post
    Just got this as my free sample from the last sale. Cant wait to try it out this weekend. I have only done 1 rinsless wash before so hopefully I like this one a little more than ONR
    Let us know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

mixed up 3oz product to 32ox of water to pre soak my panels. this stuff seems to be super slick so far. I think I am going to like it when I give it a try

Post Thanks / Like

Did not take any pictures but coming strictly from ONR for the past 4 years or so, the first thing I notice about Pinnacle's rinseless was the smell. Fruity, but not too fruity is the best way I can describe it.

But while I didn't notice any additional cleaning power over ONR, it feel smoother while I wiped with my soaked MF towel. I used the Gary Dean Wash Method, aka one MF towel per panel then discard for a new one for another panel.

I've used this method for both ONR and Pinnacle's Rinseless.

As for the gloss, it did amp up the shine a bit but MY main reason I purchased this product was the fact that I do not have to worry if my protection will last long. Since this has carnuba in it, I figure it will only put back what the wash took off in the first place.

I do not know if this could serve as a true LSP but I am sure it wont hurt the current LSP you may have on your car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast